Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

I love Ron Morris!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 10:48 PM
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

Default I love Ron Morris!

In a post about a week ago (that’s about 10 pages back on this board) I was complaining about my motor mounts not lining up after replacement. I would like to thank Starfury for showing me the way to Ron Morris.

I gave Ron a call this week and couldn’t get a hold of him. I went to his website on Wednesday and it said that he would be close from Thursday until 3 Jan. I was frantic, being on the east coast I had some time as it got late here, he is in California, but I still couldn’t get a hold of him. I left a message with my number and just thought I that I wouldn’t be able to drive my beloved Mustang until the new year. Well, wouldn’t you know, that on Thursday, his day off, he called me. I was so excited but then he told me that if he shipped them out Friday then I wouldn’t get them until late next week at best. What he did next amazed me, he gave me contact information for CJ Pony Parts and said that they sell his motor mounts. I told him thank you and that in the future that I would promise to purchase something off of his web site for being such a good person and really helping me out. I called CJ Pony and they shipped them out Friday morning, I got them Saturday (today) afternoon. I spent a few hours playing around in the garage and the rest is history.

I removed the original ‘big block’ frame brackets, lined everything up, lowered the motor in and tightened everything up around and around.

The pictures below!

Oh and if you're reading this please read my other post about my clutch problem....that will be a Sunday / Monday project....I love Mustangs!
Old 12-22-2007, 10:59 PM
JamesW

Default RE: I love Ron Morris!

that's great! A perfect application for those motor mounts.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:34 AM
gothand
5th Gear Member

I was looking to order some stuff from RMP for my EFI swap last week but needed to make a few modifications to his "kit". I left a message on the answering machine and got a call back shortly from Ron himself. He was very generous with his time and was a great help.

BTW, I have the same mounts and they work great. The adjustablility allowed positioning just right so the shifter opening didn't have to be slight trimmed for my T5 swap.

Jeff
Old 12-23-2007, 09:08 AM
mustangmatt63
3rd Gear Member

Great to hear!!
Old 12-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

Good to hear, but I won't take credit for mentioning Ron Morris That was someone else.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:18 PM
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

Oops..it was andrewmp6! Man I owe him a beer. you did point out about the discontinuance of the part so, thank you still.