Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Keisler Perfect Fit TK-600 Kit Breakdown

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 08:11 PM
fordification
1st Gear Member

Default Keisler Perfect Fit TK-600 Kit Breakdown

I'm trying to get an idea of the parts and price breakdown for this kit. I'm still waiting on a price quote.

The package price is at $4739

I've got:

TKO-600 -$2355
Flywheel -$360
Clutch Kit -$200
Steel Driveshaft -$200
Trans crossmember -$160
Bellhousing -$600
Shifter -$200
Haudraulic clutch linkage - $200
Miscellaneous (pilot bearing,custom input shaft,reverse light wiring, neutral safety switch, speedo cable/gear -$464

These are rough numbers, but is there anything that stands out. Keep in mind that I need each one of these components since my car is just a rolling chassis. I personally think this is a perfect match for my requirements.

I'm just trying to justify this massive expense, but also considering the problems of hunting all the parts down and making everything fit right.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:28 PM
fordification
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Keisler Perfect Fit TK-600 Kit Breakdown

It would be nice to have an optional alluminum driveshaft or shifter but other than that.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:33 PM
mhickl

make sure you get everything if you buy it from someone as a kit. i bought one, but i never received the speedo sender. it took me a while but i finallly go it. then i realized it dosen't have the gear for it. still waiting for them to send that. i didn't buy the Keisler kit though. it was from autoworks international. my research before i bought the kit showed it to be about the same price as a kit or purchased individually. good luck
Old 02-29-2008, 05:42 AM
cmanf
3rd Gear Member

My keisler tko 500 kit speck was everything you mentioned and a willwood hydro master was about $6000 once all was done.
I had the bellhousing upgraded to quicktime steel scatter shield. Every thing I needed came with the kit very helpful guys.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:50 AM
cprstreetmachines
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mhickl
it took me a while but i finallly go it. then i realized it dosen't have the gear for it.
still waiting for them to send that. i didn't buy the Keisler kit though. it was from autoworks international.
Good luck with that one. Still waiting on my master cylinder for a hyd clutch, which was paid for in advance. Going on 6 months now. Just get another one somewhere else.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:45 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

we paid about 1700 or 1800 for the TKO 600 itself.... 2200 seems a bit much to me....
Old 02-29-2008, 02:28 PM
cmanf
3rd Gear Member

Hate to hear that You would think a shop would get better service im a one time maybe 2 buyer.
Had no issues on my end.
I had all but put a voodoo curse on Summit for bad service, Then went to the retail shop about a hour from home and told the guys how bad they sucked havent had a issue yet. Turned out the online process is a lot easier but I never got what i ordered half the time it was the wrong parts. I just drive down there now or use Jegs.
ORIGINAL: cprstreetmachines

ORIGINAL: mhickl
it took me a while but i finallly go it. then i realized it dosen't have the gear for it.
still waiting for them to send that. i didn't buy the Keisler kit though. it was from autoworks international.
Good luck with that one. Still waiting on my master cylinder for a hyd clutch, which was paid for in advance. Going on 6 months now. Just get another one somewhere else.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:20 PM
fordification
1st Gear Member

I could order the kit through a vendor here. I'm not sure if that would help in getting every component. Pretty much luck of the draw.

I'm not quite sure but I think the top section of the housing may be custom since the tunnel is very restricted in space. Gene from Keisler didn't indicate if this is true. Also thecustom input shaft for the adpation has to be wortha little extra.

Not to mention the pinion angle has been engineered with this layout.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:39 PM
fordification
1st Gear Member

Know any other companies with BB trans converters? autoworks is focused on sb's.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:43 PM
fordification
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cmanf

My keisler tko 500 kit speck was everything you mentioned and a willwood hydro master was about $6000 once all was done.
I had the bellhousing upgraded to quicktime steel scatter shield. Every thing I needed came with the kit very helpful guys.
Gene didn't mention and upgradeable or optional equipment.Was this only for the 500 kit for some reason?

Quick Reply: Keisler Perfect Fit TK-600 Kit Breakdown