Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Help out a soldiers dream.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 02:50 PM
fast65
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Help out a soldiers dream.

I can't believe how great you guys are, it makes me proud that I'm able to share the same forum with such great people.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:57 PM
racin66coupe
5th Gear Member

+100000
Old 04-16-2008, 02:58 PM
fast65
5th Gear Member

only +100000, jeez have a heart.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:48 PM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: john721
what color dash pad do you want?
The dash pad was black, and through a mistaken color, the carpet was black as well, it was just sun bleached and looked green. So the interior is white vinyl, white steel, and black carpet and black dash pad.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:18 PM
john721
2nd Gear Member

I'll be sending the dashpad, plus whatever else was left over from my project.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:03 AM
photocliff
2nd Gear Member

I am not in a position I can help much but it sure makes me proud to be a part of a group of people like you.
Good luck Twotone64
Old 04-17-2008, 10:11 AM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

John,

Thank you very much for your generosity as well as others.

Photocliff,

Thank you for your kind words. I can see the pride you have in the people in this group. I too feel pride not only for my brother and other soldiers that defend this country, but for the citizens of this great country itself. Its not all the time that we see the good in most people but it is there.

Rod
Old 04-18-2008, 03:03 PM
twotone64
2nd Gear Member

Again,

I would like to thank everyone for what they have done. I am going to be contacting my brothers soldier that does media blasting to see what kind of time table Im looking at. The few things I have left to get for the interior as of now are the carpet, and head liner. I think with the money they some of you have sent I will be purchasing the carpet. Is there any brand of carpet makers that you guys prefer over another for the Mustang carpet sets.

I have "Mustangs Plus" kinda locally, I plan to call them to see what kind of deal they could throw my way. I have a few people from the car show last summer that do Interiors that I may hit up to do the install, even though I could do most of it myself, they really wanted to help out. With regards to the exterior I plan to reuse as much of the stainless/aluminum/chrome as I can. I still need to find wheels and tires. Im thinking of going stock with hub caps.

I may have a source for paint through Sherwin Wiliams. Another one of his soldiers has a brother that is a regional rep for them. So it still looks like body work is going to be the big spot for money, as it usually is in most resorations anyhow.

If any of you have any more suggestions on how to most effectively get thecommunity involved in this I'd love to hear about it.

Would any of you be offended if I found some more Mustang websites and posted there as well? I haven't done it yet, I would like to get your feed
back first.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:26 PM
chriswells78
1st Gear Member

Please PM me your Paypal address.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:03 PM
ninteen66mustang
3rd Gear Member

Just so you know, Mustangs Plus has a general image of being overpriced, so if you are going to purchase the parts, I would go with Virginia Classic, or one of the other cheaper parts suppliers. As far as the carpet goes, it will most likely all be similar. Chances are, all of the parts suppliers will order from the same manufacturer, at least from my experience.

Good luck with the mustang, I am not in a position where I can afford to give money (im only 17...) but you and your family are in my prayers. You are doing a great thing for your nieces.

As far as im concerned- feel free to go to other mustang sites. I dont think most ppl on here are against the other forums, in fact many people are prolly members there as well.

Quick Reply: Help out a soldiers dream.