Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

restomod

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 08:46 PM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Mines a california special clone the odd thing i get asked a lot is it a shelby.Its your car if they don't like it hell with them you built the way you wanted it not how they want it to look.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:46 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

I think my friend is jealous of my 67. He has a 68 and says my car sucks, but I think it is due to the mods I have done with MY money. His parents bought his car and paid for his suspension. I bought my car with MY money. Some people are jealous because your car is so badass and you actually own the car.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:39 AM
kalli
6th Gear Member

when he looks at your car and starts talking about a 70s MACH1, then this man is either jealous or doesn't know what else to say. ignore him ...
Old 09-09-2008, 10:31 AM
68EFIvert
3rd Gear Member

Ignore the comments and if you are realy concerned then part next to a car that has even more mods than yours. The comments from jerks like that will naturally go toward the other car and not yours. You could then team up on the jerk later and ask why he didn't personalize his car. Perhaps it was for lack of his own personal identity. Maybe I am going a little deep here.....................
Old 09-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Carlos Pineiro
3rd Gear Member

Cool

Some concours people are narrow minded with no sense of humor and have no room in their brain for modified anything. Modified classes exist in every major car show as a bonified class. It shows creativity and style.

When you think about it, a Shelby Mustang is a mod. So is a Saleen Mustang.

The only modded car that isn't cool is the one that had a crappy restoration job, with inferior work, inferior parts, or parts that are cheap or totally innappropriate and junk up the car (see: triple neon green wiper blades). I am proud of my first place trophy in the '69 modified class. My car is far from stock, but it's no junker.

Carlos
Old 09-09-2008, 01:50 PM
73 Sportroof
2nd Gear Member

If it wasn't for the popularity of your coupe there would never have been a '70 Mach I.

Don't let people like that get to you. They don't know any better.

I think your car looks great. Take it to the show. Enjoy. People will love it.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:21 PM
rolly

Here is mine...67 stang

Old 09-09-2008, 02:39 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Originally Posted by cxr
im scared of taking our stang to a local classic car show in the park or a car club monthly meeting type of deal.
because it is sort of a restomod... and scared of what people are going to say. it appears from comments from pics we show mustang enthusiast that some have negative comments to say because its a coupe, because of the color we chose and the rims that are on it.

how do you guys handle these comments... i know it was my car and my $$$ that went into the build i jsut dont want my wifes feeling hurt or for someone to put her down because we did not go stock original or its not a collector, rare or vert.
just tell em to **** off, it's your car not theirs
Old 09-09-2008, 03:36 PM
pushrodpower
2nd Gear Member

If the local club makes unkind comments about your car then you don't need them. In my local club if it wasn't for coupes we wouldn't have a single car from 64.5 to 70.
Personally I think the concours people are a little crazy from their correctly plated bolts to the exact shade of flat black on the various suspension pieces, not to mention correct overspray and factory paint markings. All that money in a car they don't even drive.
Just drive and enjoy your car and the heck with what all the rest think.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:54 AM
LCC
4th Gear Member

Don't worry about what other people say. Your car! your taste. I always get a guy at a show that puts my car down for one or another reason, doesn't bother me. Look at what they drive and you'll understand why there so bitter . All of us here like your car and would cruse with you anytime, and thats what counts.....

Let us know how the show goes....

Quick Reply: restomod