Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Makes Me Want to Puke!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 12:26 PM
69FB
4th Gear Member

Here's a few other facts: (on the economical level)

Jefferson County, AL has the largest Sewer Debt I have ever heard of. Several politicians have stated they wanted to declare bankruptcy, then they swing back to trying to decide how to pay off the debt. They have had practically every big financial company develop a plan to solve this issue at a hefty price. Currently the debt is 3.2 Billion. They are now stating they will raise everyone's bill by 3%.

OPEC (God love them...) has decided it will not let the price of oil drop below $100.00 a barrel. They cut back production by 1/2 a million barrels a day, stating that demand (mostly foreign demand) has not decreased.

I heard this morning they are talking of another tax stimulus package with the economy almost in the toilet. I'm all for it (more money for my Mustang) but a majority of people are just going to use it to make ends meet because they have to.

We're 10 Trillion in debt and regardless of how you feel about the candidates with their tax cut plans...our grandkids will probably still be paying off the debt. The U.S. use to be the lender to the world. Now we're the biggest debtor.

No one really knows what to do.

Hate him or like him Bush did a lot of great things in his first term, and dealt with some issues no president has had to in a very long time.

Sadly the American people have become weak in their ideology. They want someone else to fix their problems with a broken political system that is mired down in "donations" and "special interest groups".

Sadly no one is strong enough to stand on their own and do something about it, so they make big promises and have grand plans, but once in that office they get all the details and their plans turn to crap. Then "we" as the American people want to point fingers and find someone to blame.

It's a bad situation we're in and it will most likely get worse before it gets better.

Just my personal thoughts and opinions.

Oh and I have a good education from a few colleges (nothing prestigious) but I paid for it myself and am proud to know I was able to do what a lot of people could not.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:30 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

Sorry,,, our perspective is skewed....

I am a little over 40, but I remember when few people had more than 1 television in the house. This TV was seldom over 19", and if there was a second TV, it was seldom a color set...

I remember when most kids wore shoes from K-Mart, an a $10.00 + pair of shoes was unheard of.

I remember when many families had only one car, and as for the families who had two cars, the second one was usually a beater, (Often the first car as well)

I remember when poor people were poor,,,, no good car, a little b&W Tv, no Air Jordans, no designed clothes, and often no clothes without holes and or stains.....

It would be convenient for you to rewrite history to the point where you can support your implied position that people are worse off now than pre Reagan,,, but anyone who was there, and is honest about the facts knows your position is balderdash....

Straight up balderdash... no doubt, and any "evidence" you might try and present to support your position will be skewed by the re-definition of what poverty is today...

You can not present evidence that will make me discount what I see, and have seen with my own eyes..

Are there poor folks today? absolutely,,,, are they as a whole or on average worse off than they were pre Reagan, Bush 41, Clinton, or Bush 43?

Don't be silly...

I love it when someone tries to make a point so blatantly contrary with the obvious...
Old 09-10-2008, 12:52 PM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

I personally think it odd that if you dig into Obama's past he has a whole host of folks like Jerimiah Wright and assorted communist / hard core far lefties that are his known associates. Birds of a feather as they say.

He also supported a communist candidate during the elections in Kenya a few years back, go figure.

To say "tax the rich" when they are the ones who already have the largest portion of the tax burden is just stupid. $250k / year is "rich"...no that includes a long list of tax clients that have S-Corps that I commonly like to refer to as Employers. You start taxing them and they will make up the difference via increased prices for their goods and cutting their labor force (i.e. more unemployment). Obama is using the oldest commie trick in the book called "class warfare".

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence:

"From bondage to spiritual faith;
from spiritual faith to great courage;
from courage to liberty;
from liberty to abundance;
from abundance to selfishness;
from selfishness to apathy;
from apathy to dependence;
from dependency back again into bondage."

Dr. Alexander Tytler, a Scot professor,

A large section of our society is already dependent on "daddy government" to care for them and bordering on bondage.

What kills democracy is when people figure out they can vote themselves a hand out from the national treasury. That is why our country was designed to be a constitutional republic but sadly that has been changing over many years.

Last edited by SJs 66coupe; 09-10-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:41 PM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

Simply amazing. Musdoc, you must be over educated. That being said, you must have been brainwashed and indoctrinated by extremist educators that have taken over the universities. Pure hog wash and propaganda.

Since I moved to Alaska in 1990, I have had an increase in wages every year. My friends and co-workers have also done well. Thank god for people like Senator Ted Stevens who bring money to this state. I will vote for Stevens and Don Young as long as they run for office. This Friday I will be receiving $3,200 just for being an Alaskan. I thank Sarah Palin for $1200 of that. That money for the most part is spent right here in AK. If I were to live in Kalifornia (land of fruit pickers, pic nickes, and dick lickers) I would never see anything like this. Why, because the liberal dems who run the state would rather give it to the illegals that scam the system. I work 40 hrs a week and make well over 100K and never went to college. I worked hard to get where I am and anybody could do the same if they put their mind to it. If Husein gets elected our taxes will increase and our rights will decrease. Anybody who denies that is either in denial or has been brain washed. I cannot honestly believe anybody would vote for that person.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:52 PM
SalikDDD
3rd Gear Member

correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this MustangForums not MustangPolitics or MustangRepublicans or whatever else? come on now. everyone get back to what the forum is for, not for us being screwed for another 4 years.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:00 AM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

One thread out of many isn't hurting anyone. It's a good thread that allows us to vent. I think it's healthy. Even though you are mixed up and confused, your still my mustang brethren.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:27 AM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

I think its ok to have this thread, any other political threads are in the Off Topic section and you can never get any kind of real answer there, too many jokers.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:20 AM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

A book all should read who even ever thought about supporting NObama

The Obama Nation: Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality
http://www.amazon.com/Obama-Nation-L.../dp/1416598065

I was reading the chapter about "Change" last night and what that really means. Something NObama picked up from his communist mentors when he was doing "community organizing" for a heavily communist influenced organization.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:51 AM
JMD
6th Gear Member

Yea, statistics alone seldom tell the whole story,,,, but when taken in conjunction with other cognitive observations they help to tell the story......

Perhaps the folks in these cities should ask their Mayor what he or she has done to improve their lives..... hmmm...

What do the top ten cities with the highest poverty rate all have in common?

Democrat leadership.

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn't elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati, OH (3rd)... since 1984;

Cleveland, OH (4th)... since 1989;

Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican mayor;

St. Louis, MO (6th)... since 1949;

El Paso, TX (7th) has never had a Republican mayor;

Milwaukee, WI (8th)... since 1908;

Philadelphia, PA (9th)... since 1952;

Newark, NJ (10th)... since 1907.

Einstein once said, 'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.'

It is the disadvantaged who habitually elect Democrats --- yet are still disadvantaged.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Jamison
1st Gear Member

You couldn't get a job at McDonalds and become district manager after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't become chief of surgery after 143 days of experience of being a surgeon.

You couldn't get a job as a teacher and be the superintendent after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't join the military and become a colonel after a 143 days of experience.

You couldn't get a job as a reporter and become the nightly news anchor after 143 days of experience.

You couldn't get a job as Director of Nursing after 143 days experience as an RN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT......

'From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a United State Senator, to the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory committee, he logged 143 days of experience in the Senate. That's how many days the Senate was actually in session and working. After 143 days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World...... ....143 days.

We all have to start somewhere. The senate is a good start, but after 143 days, that's all it is - a start.

AND, strangely, a large sector of the American public is okay with this and campaigning for him. We wouldn't accept this in our own line of work, yet some are okay with this for the President of the United States of America? Come on folks, we are not voting for the next American Idol !!!!!

Pull your head out of wherever you're sticking it and wake up, America!!!!

Quick Reply: Makes Me Want to Puke!