Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Makes Me Want to Puke!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 04:15 PM
pushrodpower
2nd Gear Member

Wink

Yep, them liberals are ruining the country, we need to keep them out of power. Them tax and spend liberals have got our deficit out of control and got us in bed with commies by having them buy our national debt. We need to vote them liberals out so start balancing our budget by lower taxes more, that's the ticket. Just imagine where our country would be today if we good 'ol conservative republicans had been running all three branches of the government the last 8 years. Things would be much better.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:17 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

Yea, everything is just awful right now,,, things have never been worse!

While I certainly don't agree with a lot of stuff that has happened under Republican control, but I shudder to imagine what an unfettered Pelosi and Reid will do....

Pelosi and Reid definitely are representative of the average American population right?

Pelosi and Reid being elected to positions of power certainly demonstrates that the only major political party in America that is worse at making decisions than the Republican party is the Democratic party....

Of course Obama being such an instrument of change will never follow party line, that is why he selected Biden as VP.... ummmm....

I am pretty much not doing any more politics here in the Classic section,,,, and I will hardly go to O/T... hmmm. guess I am done with politics om M/F all together,,, unless someone says something I just have to answer.... and I doubt it...

It is cool that I will be going out a winner though! (wink!)

Last edited by JMD; 09-11-2008 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Quitting Politics here!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:25 AM
pushrodpower
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JMD

Pelosi and Reid definitely are representative of the average American population right?

I don't want my leaders to representative of the average Joe. The "average" American has an IQ of 98, does not have a college degree. That is not the type of person I want in a leadership position. Sitting next to me in a bar having drinks, sure, making country changing policy decision that require real intellect and learning, no.

Originally Posted by JMD
such an instrument of change will never follow party line, that is why he selected Biden as VP.... ummmm....
You must have forgotten how McCain all but abandoned his "maverick" political positions to curry the conservative rights favor to get ahead. mmmmmm

Originally Posted by JMD
Yea, everything is just awful right now,,, things have never been worse!
If you look at the big picture instead of your own personal situation things are pretty bad right now. Most definitely a lot worse off than 8 years ago.
Wall Street is scrambling, our dollar has been seriously devalued, our national deficit is at almost 10 trillion dollars (largely financed by the Chinese btw), heath care cost are thru the roof, etc..... Yeah things are just peachy. The best part is that after you and I die, our children (and maybe grandchildren) will be paying off the debt wrung up in just the last 8 years by our current leadership.

Last edited by pushrodpower; 09-12-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:37 AM
mustdoc
2nd Gear Member

It has been over ten days since Palin was announced as the VP candidate. Since the VP announcement, the press has been denied access to her. She has been sequestered from the press where she has reportedly been "cramming" foreign policy much like many students study for final exams - bringing her up to speed, so to speak! This alone should be revealing about her qualifications.

Yesterday, Palin had her 1st and excessively delayed press interview with Charlie Gibson. This delay alone should raise the obvious question - what are they hiding? Why won't her handlers let the press interview her?

Now we know why they are limiting press access to her! Her answers painted a portrait of this less-than-knowledgeable state governor who is ill prepared for the job... especially on McCain's purported strong suit - foreign policy.

> Palin had no clue as to "The Bush Doctrine" - and, perhaps more disturbing was her transparent attempt to bluff her way to form an answer instead of being frank and saying "I Don't Know"... In order to keep the dialog going Charlie Gibson had to tell her what the Bush Doctrine was about.

> Palin linked Iraq with 911... even Bush doesn't do this any longer. This is nothing but pure demagoguery or sheer ignorance of the facts.

> Palin stated that Russia provoked Georgia... this contradicts both news reports and White House reports where it is widely known that Georgia provoked the Russian military action. Perhaps she wishes to correct all of the news agencies and Bush officials at the White House.

> Palin stated that she favors unilateral military intervention against terrorists in Pakistan... this is in direct opposition to McCain's criticism of Obama's exact same stance...She just made the argument that Obama's foreign policy stance on this issue was better than McCain's.

> Palin advocated aggressive US military action against Russia in the event of future aggression...
First, how are we going to fight Russia even with NATO forces? Our military leaders tell us that we are stretched thin as it is with the 2 wars we have on our hands resulting in stop-gap measures necessitating multiple tours of duty... we simply do not have the manpower to wage war against Russia with our hands tied in the present quagmires.
Second, Europe does not want a Russian conflict... they get a huge amount of their energy from Russia and winter is approaching and their economies are hurting like ours! The last thing Europe wants is such a conflict... and people wonder why foreigners hate our Republican leaders of recent.

Plus, has it ever occurred to Alaskans and Red states along the Gulf of Mexico that if we get into a conflict with Russia and they seek to attack our domestic energy infrastructure that Alaska will probably be 1st (they are a stones throw away from Russia) and East Texas, West Florida, and Southern Alabama and Mississippi 2nd? I know we get most of our oil from Canada and Mexico (not Saudi Arabia or Venezuela) but domestic sources are significant.

> Palin previously stated that Climate Change was not due to human activity... she "flip-flopped" yesterday stating that it does have to do with human activity. Then why is she advocating drilling everywhere if she acknowledges the specter that is climate change and its human contribution. This is contradictory logic.

If you were not concerned before, you should be now... McCain is the oldest candidate ever to run for president and Palin would be "a heartbeat" away from running our foreign policy.