Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

my car is JINXED by the mustang gods,...brake fluid soaked floor

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 02:56 PM
jamieNerikas66stang
3rd Gear Member

Default my car is JINXED by the mustang gods,...brake fluid soaked floor

i swear to god,...my car is jinxed....if anyone has been following my build, they know what i have been going through,...i am trying to bring this poor pony back to life and its not helping me at all,...

today, my buddy whose garage i am renting is having a new garage door installed, so i stop over to check out the progress and work on the mustang,...

one of the garage door guys starts talking to me about my car, and he is working on a chevy or something,...and says he is debating on having some do his floor pans or he is going to do them,...so i offer to show him mine and how they came out,...

i take him over the my car, lift up the carpet, pull up the tar paper and there is about 2.5 cups of brake fluid on my floor,...it has ate away all the por15, and looks to have started to eat away at the metal in some spots, and started to rust my brand new floor pan,...

now not only did i feel like a douch, but i almost blew a gasket...

brand ****ing new master cyclinder, brand new brake lines, brand ****ing new everything,...

my master cylinder is filled, my brake pedal is rock solid, and the back of the master and rod is bone dry,...where the F could this be coming from?
Old 09-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Gun Jam

was the top of the carpet wet? like did it soak through and then puddle up or was it never on top of the carpet?

-Gun
Old 09-23-2008, 04:03 PM
69FB
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I'm stumped as to what would cause that unless someone spilled it in your car.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:05 PM
jamieNerikas66stang
3rd Gear Member

the top of the carpet was dry,..

and i hate to say this, but that is exactly what my friend said, it looks like someone is trying to **** with me,..
Old 09-23-2008, 04:08 PM
lunarweasel
4th Gear Member

Oh ****, seriously? I would rip someone's ***** off with some vice grips for that. **** that sucks.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:09 PM
67MustangJDM

Oh that sucks! Right now I am helping a friend with a rusty 1972 Dodge Van where the front brake lines rusted and blew. So its been a few weeks now and we finally bent the brake lines properly and then we started to bleed the brakes then the line for the rear brakes burst. Vans are the worst type of car to work on...
Old 09-23-2008, 04:53 PM
racin66coupe
5th Gear Member

yeah, it sounds like someone is trying to **** with you. id be so freakin po'd. that ****ing blows man
Old 09-23-2008, 05:02 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

I had that happen a long time ago, but the master cylinder wasn't new. It leaked from the actuating piston and dripped inside down the firewall onto the floor. If your master cylinder DID leak, you should be able to see it when pumping the brakes.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:10 PM
jamieNerikas66stang
3rd Gear Member

i sat under there and pump and pumped for about 20 minutes and its bone Fing dry
Old 09-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Joe67
Banned

that sucks man....
sorry to hear that happend to you along with everything else that has happened to your car

what do you think you will do?

Quick Reply: my car is JINXED by the mustang gods,...brake fluid soaked floor