Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Newest Classics Moderator

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Carlos Pineiro
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JamesW
Yeah..I'm thinking this thread has digressed enough.....
Maybe myGT should lock up this thread for practice, lol.

CP
Old 11-30-2008, 10:12 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Waffles
haha I got no problem meeting up with you sometime, hell probably already seen you at some show or another, too bad you weren't around for our Mustangforums Meet and greet in like May.

I don't mean to be a dick, but I think you seem like a cool enough dude to understand where I'm coming from.
Hey I do understand where your coming from but I stuck my ground as it would look worse if I just pussed out on you guys after a little confrontation and asked ADMIN to pick someone else. Its hard to show character over the web hence the reason I offered to buy the beers. I have been to a few shows and I look at all the cars not just the S197. I actually appreciate the "classics" more than I do the new cars as they are hard to find and far more personal once customized as the parts are hard to find and the blood and sweat put into any vehicle considered a classic is far more rewarding then putting new parts on a new car and saying "here you go I just have money to throw at this.......wholla......done". Remember I was raised by a parent that grew up and lived in the very era that I enjoy learning about and experiencing and the stories connected to the car itself. Brought me much closer to my father and thru him I felt the appreciation and love for the car (mustang in general) and have not looked back since. Ok now I may have spoken too much but you get the idea and the point. I plan to pass this knowledge and passion on to my kids should they take interest in cars like I have from very young age. anyway peace and thanks for the write Waffles.....its appreciated!
Old 11-30-2008, 10:15 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by Carlos Pineiro
Reed's Ginger Beer for me.

Is this thread done yet? The newbie Mod already has more classics posts than some of us, lol.

CP

LOL I do have many posts in general and this thread only up the ante!

JamesW- keep the thread alive I have much tougher skin then what has been said thus far in this section and Carlos- I think I have locked or deleted so many threads from the newbs in the other sections I cant keep track so no need to practice on this one......take care all J
Old 11-30-2008, 11:49 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

I don't get here as often as I used to, I have another non Mustang Ford Project at the moment, but for what it is worth I offer my sincere welcome to the Forum!

I enjoied the last Mustang project so much that I will have to do another just for fun when I finish the coupe in May,,, maybe a Fox.... uhhh wait a minuite, a foxwont work in this section will it... damn...

Welcome dude!

(it might be cool having a mod here in the section that I have not pissed off right off the bat....
Old 12-01-2008, 12:03 AM
BAY68_347
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JamesW
Chill out guys. Moderating is basically a cross between a janitor and a referee. Being a subject matter expert is not a prequisite. I post less now than before I was a Mod.

How about giving Jason a try before you condemn him.
I hear you, James.
I really appreciate your expertise on this site so please don't back off too much!

I am not around the site nearly as much as some of the fellas here so I guess I can understand them feeling a little put off. It just goes to show that if you ask, you shall receive. :-)
But seriously I can't see the issue. The guy seems like a straight shooter and his intentions are good. Where's the harm?

****For the benefit of all the forum users, I think we should be more concerned about losing the old timers who really know these cars than about whether a mod is hanging around who may or may not know these cars well. So let's keep it positive here. Cheers all.****
Old 12-01-2008, 04:54 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Thanks Bay68! and JMD!
Old 12-01-2008, 06:31 AM
73 Sportroof
2nd Gear Member

I just hope it doesn't end up like the S197 section.

It seems like the only posts they allow are what mods you have, what wheels should I get or which supercharger.

No random picture threads just because you felt like it either.

10% of the threads over there are useful, 50% mods and 40% repeats. Some of the repeats are useful but could have used the search if you didn't have to wade through all the mod threads.

Did I ever tell you I like the Classic section better?

OK I feel better now.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:45 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Originally Posted by 73 Sportroof
I just hope it doesn't end up like the S197 section.

OK I feel better now.
I'd say there's very little chance of that happening. The S197 owners are generally a different demographic than Classic fans. Different does not equal "better" or "worse" - just different. S197 fans' wants/needs are not the same as a guy/gal looking to restore or resto-mod a Classic. But nearly all share the same passion for Ford's Ponycar.

IMO, I'm glad to see that Jason is getting an overall good reception in this section. He's a great guy who has proven to be an excellent moderator. I knew his enthusiasm for the brand and general demeanor who make him a good fit here. That's not to say that in the future MF will never "hire" another Mod from the ranks. The S197 section is HUGE and it works well because there are several Mods for an overlap of time/effort. I think (personal opinion) that this section would also benefit from a layered approach to modding, but that will take some time - we need to let Jason get settled in before any add'l changes are made.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:06 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Thanks Bill!
Old 12-02-2008, 09:30 AM
73 Sportroof
2nd Gear Member

Don't get me wrong, I welcome mygt500 to this section. I just don't want it to change.

Quick Reply: Newest Classics Moderator