MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Mustangs (Tech) (https://mustangforums.com/forum/classic-mustangs-tech-16/)
-   -   AJE front suspension for 67-70 (https://mustangforums.com/forum/classic-mustangs-tech/502477-aje-front-suspension-for-67-70-a.html)

Slow68 12-06-2008 03:56 PM

AJE front suspension for 67-70

Has anyone used this kit? I can not find any feedback on it. CPRsm posted the install on every other mustang sight in the world but no feedback on it.. The website does not say much about it either. what kind of rack? does it come with motor mounts? hubs/spindles? steering shaft? Looks to be a less cost alternative to RRS? what do you guys think?

cprstreetmachines 12-06-2008 04:42 PM

Comes with the motor mounts,spindles, rack and steering shaft. The rack standard option is a fox. Standard spindle is the fox. With the fox rack you need aftermarket brakes, generally wilwood which we don't like because of the noise they make with an aluminum hub. Love the kits. Knocks 100 lbs off the nose, better ride, with a rack for half of what most charge for their suspension, and rack is separate. Comes with a bump steer kit as well.

Adrenolin 12-06-2008 06:32 PM

Just to add to what Dustin said.. the engine mounts are part of the new K-Member you'll bolt onto the car. You need to remove the original mounts and bracing from the shock towers but you do not have to remove the towers themselves.

The kit includes the fox spindles but you can have SN95 spindles added instead for a bit more. The SN95 spindles allow you to use stock brakes from 94 through 04 mustangs (V6, V8 and Cobra) which are easy to come by... eBay, junkyards, Autozone, Napa, etc. Using the V6 brakes 15" wheels should be possible, V8 brakes require 16"+ wheels and the Cobra brakes require 17" wheels.

Coil rates are available in 150, 175, 200, 225 Lb and progressive rates.

The rack is a basic Fox rack which can easily be replaced for whatever reason in the future if need be (again.. Autozone, etc). I think it matches the pinto racks as well though CPR could verify that.

I think its a great value kit. Most other setups would cost twice this one does.

Dustin... any idea if Ford Explorer 2 wheel drive front spindles would fit? We'll have Explorer disks on the rear and just to make things all the same I was wondering if this was possible.

cprstreetmachines 12-06-2008 07:28 PM

Don't know if those brakes will fit to be honest. Only tried the stock brakes and Cobras on the SN95 spindles. But the pinto rack and fox rack are more. And with a pinto rack, the rack itself is more, and need to buy the mount for it also.

Adrenolin 12-06-2008 08:30 PM

OK thanks.

cprstreetmachines 12-06-2008 08:47 PM

here is the link just in-case someone wanted to look at it again...

http://www.cprstreetmachines.com/for...opic,50.0.html

fakesnakes 12-06-2008 11:12 PM

Thanks for posting that link, Dustin. Excellent documentation on a great project. I didn't realize until I saw the pictures, that the AJE K-member converts the car to front steer. That would allow my current dual sump oil pan to fit. Do the engine mounts allow the engine to sit lower in the chassis than stock. That might address my tko600 clearance/drive shaft angle issues.

andrewmp6 12-07-2008 01:45 AM

No the expolder spindles won't work they use a upper control arm fox and up is spindle on strut no upper control arm.Yeah get then sn95 you can use a lot of different factory brakes or even some of the big after market ones.

Adrenolin 12-07-2008 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by fakesnakes (Post 5724658)
Thanks for posting that link, Dustin. Excellent documentation on a great project. I didn't realize until I saw the pictures, that the AJE K-member converts the car to front steer. That would allow my current dual sump oil pan to fit. Do the engine mounts allow the engine to sit lower in the chassis than stock. That might address my tko600 clearance/drive shaft angle issues.

Last chat I had with AJE I was told you could use a front or rear sump. Made my day since our 351w is a rear sump.

Originally Posted by andrewmp6 (Post 5724996)
No the expolder spindles won't work they use a upper control arm fox and up is spindle on strut no upper control arm.Yeah get then sn95 you can use a lot of different factory brakes or even some of the big after market ones.

Thanks for the info on the spindles. Looks like I'll be using the SN95 V6 brakes to get 15s on the front, unless I can talk the wife into 16s for the added safety with bigger brakes.

Didn't mean to steel thread.. hopefully it helps someone else as well.

andrewmp6 12-07-2008 07:54 AM

Hit the junkyard get you some factory wheels that are 16s its a cheap way tho.