Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

The 66 Project Mustang for my Wife

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 06:18 PM
AllStar80
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wareagle
$3900
You read the MazdaClub forum! LOL, I forgot I posted how much I paid for it on there!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:25 PM
1965fastback
3rd Gear Member

That is an incredible deal all things considered. Be lucky you have a solid foundation unlike some of us.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:56 PM
lunarweasel
4th Gear Member

Good looking car! Love the color... (FYI, the pics are working on page 1 of this thread now)
Old 01-22-2009, 07:11 PM
AllStar80
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by lunarweasel
Good looking car! Love the color... (FYI, the pics are working on page 1 of this thread now)
Thanks and I'm glad the pics are working now!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:12 PM
jxville

Default You read the MazdaClub forum! LOL, I forgot I posted how much I paid for it on there!

That is a great price. I just sold a rust free car with strong running engine here in GA for $5000.00. But it was apart.
nice buy!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:23 PM
wumarshall82
2nd Gear Member

So you really paid about 5600 with engine/tranny work included if it really needed it. Thats a good price considering all it has and the piece of mind knowing you have a newly built motor/tranny for wife and baby.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:22 PM
AllStar80
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wumarshall82
So you really paid about 5600 with engine/tranny work included if it really needed it. Thats a good price considering all it has and the piece of mind knowing you have a newly built motor/tranny for wife and baby.
Yeah it feels better knowing that I don't have to worry about the motor or tranny giving out on them any time soon. If we can't get the A/C up and going before summer then I'm gonna drive her car. I was digging around under the dash tonight and I think the stock heater is missing some ducting and the blower might need to be replaced.

The guy I bought the car from came by to drop off extra stuff for it and said the heater motor was making some racket, so I took that as I need to buy a new one, lol.

He dropped off the OEM hood that I won't need, it has a small dent protruding up from the under side because they put a K&N air filter on the carb and I guess it stuck up to high when they closed the hood and put a popped up dent in the hood. He dropped off the original hub caps, some new headlights and 4 boxes of random parts and other hardware.

Wait! If I'm putting in a Vintage Air A/C system then I will be ripping out the old heater box and everything else to put in the new A/C system right? I just looked at the Vintage Air website and the kit for the car and it looks like there is a whole new heater box and ducting. Am I right or am I seeing things?

Last edited by AllStar80; 01-23-2009 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:25 PM
AllStar80
1st Gear Member

If there is anyone in the local Phoenix area that has a extensive knowledge of these cars I would like some added knowledge of the car myself. I live out in Surprise
Old 01-23-2009, 08:27 AM
AllStar80
1st Gear Member

Just got word lastnight that the tranny will be done today!
Old 01-23-2009, 09:52 AM
MonsterBilly
4th Gear Member

allstar80
i live close to you. i sent you an email. I can help you with whatever you need. It is important that you read the following thread. It is in regaurds to using you stock heads. I did exactly what you did. It caused me problems.

I ported and polished my stock heads and they were completely gone through. Since i installed an agressive cam, i also had the builder install a matched set of springs and spring retainers. the problem is the rockers on the 66 were non rail type rockers. with the added lift and the added spring tension my rockers gave way and they also damages the vavle stems.
I currently have the engine back out with the heads off. I am installing new valves, along with pushrod guide plates and hardened pushrods, and a set of full roller rockers.
this is costing me almost $400 which includes parts and additional machining. I already spent over $500 on the heads when i had the engine built. So now i have about $1000 into a set of heads that although they will perform great, they are no match for a set of AFR or even Eddy aluminum heads for the price. Ughhhhhhhhh.

Dont make the mistake i just did. Buy Aluminum heads now. figure out how to pay for them and get them. If you dont, you will regret it with that roller block. You wouldnt want to push a valve into a new piston.

READ THIS THREAD. I ALSO FOLLOWED UP A ADDITIONAL THREAD TO THIS ONE WITH MORE INFO.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/clas...yone-help.html

Quick Reply: The 66 Project Mustang for my Wife