Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Great new Opentracker Suspension Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 08:41 AM
jcthorne
1st Gear Member

Default Great new Opentracker Suspension Installed!

Well after months of planning, asking questions, bugging John at Opentracker with endless questions and numerous orders to get everything assembled in my garage...

Last weekend I made the plunge and removed the 44 year old suspension and steering components. Some of the ball joints had a real attitude being removed after all those years.

The Opentracker components all fit with precision and ease. John had all the parts marked for proper assembly which really helped. I'd have installed tie rod ends in the wrong place for sure if he had not marked them.

Got the car back from the alignment shop last night and drove it to work today. Yes, my antique is parked in the employee parking lot...several folks keeping an eye out the window.

The car drives like a dream. Quiet, sure footed, stable and great ride quality. The parts were top notch and even the alignment shop commented on the ease of working with them. I used the fully rollerized arms and spring perch, adjustable struts, replacement stock GT springs poly spring pad, the 1" sway bar and roller link steering rebuild kit. Many of the parts were suggested by John based on my desire for a great driving STREET car and are exactly what I wanted.

I highly recommend giving John at Opentracker a call when you need front suspension parts for your 60s Mustang. Been a long time since I worked with a vendor this through and with attention to detail.

Thanks John, love my 65 so much more now. Great car to drive now.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:58 AM
sschanz
2nd Gear Member

Great to hear!!! I have my garage floor covered with new parts from Opentracker that is being installed this weekend. Sounds like we have about the same setup. I can't wait to get them installed!

Only difference between you and I is that you have an engine.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

Good to hear One day I'd like to upgrade to their boxed, rollerized control arms.