Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Official Build/Rebuild Thread of my 69FB

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:48 AM
69FB
4th Gear Member

A few more pics in case you missed something in the other transmission shots.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:49 AM
69FB
4th Gear Member

Oh this is how the car looked when I bought it.

Last edited by 69FB; 02-16-2009 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Resized to make the pics forum friendly.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:51 AM
zmetalmilitia
4th Gear Member

Those shots looked like a poor high school kid tried to make some mods to the car with about $2.95 in his pocket.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:52 AM
zmetalmilitia
4th Gear Member

I do like that year/model. My next mustang will be something along those lines, if the wife allows.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:00 AM
69FB
4th Gear Member

Like I stated the engine is nice but then again I thought it was a 351W not a modified 302.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:04 AM
69FB
4th Gear Member

Here is how the car sits now.

Oh and here is my new exhaust with the Magnaflow Exhaust tips. Not as custom as the last one but I really like it.

I'm down to paying for a wiring harness and I will be ready to drive on the road again and much safer this time around.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:09 AM
69FB
4th Gear Member

Unhappy

Sorry I should have put in the title Pic Heavy...and I guess this is a rant. Well here I sit almost 3 months from my one year anniversary and I have been paying on my car (payments and repairs) for almost a year and have driven it no more than 20 miles since owning it. I know that does not sound bad to some but when I bought, and for what I'm paying, I thought I was getting a running car.

I know I have mentioned my car in other threads but now that I finally had pics I wanted to show everyone I didn't just make it up.

Oh and on the inspection report the inspector stated that the horns work...there are no horns in the car. I will have to buy those as well.

Sorry again for those with slow internet loading. I should have stated the thread was pic heavy and a rant.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Nick.Simonds
4th Gear Member

Looks like some air shocks on the back there. Those will probably need to go...

Good like body though. And the engine does looks pretty good.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:24 AM
69FB
4th Gear Member

The air shocks will definitely go. I will eventually replace them with a 4 link and coilover conversion upfront. When I get the car out of the shop I'm going to concentrate on paying the car off. Then start with the suspension and making it more modern.

The shocks also have both washers/rubber components on the top nothing on the bottom. I don't know who jacked it up like this and thought it was cool. They spend a lot of money on some components but seem to have cut corners on what was really important...like safety issues.

They were apparently building it into a race car, but they had no seat belts in it. I don't know if I was going to want to run fast in a car I'd at least want to have a seat belt.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:24 AM
zmetalmilitia
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 69FB
Sorry I should have put in the title Pic Heavy...and I guess this is a rant. Well here I sit almost 3 months from my one year anniversary and I have been paying on my car (payments and repairs) for almost a year and have driven it no more than 20 miles since owning it. I know that does not sound bad to some but when I bought, and for what I'm paying, I thought I was getting a running car.

I know I have mentioned my car in other threads but now that I finally had pics I wanted to show everyone I didn't just make it up.

Oh and on the inspection report the inspector stated that the horns work...there are no horns in the car. I will have to buy those as well.

Sorry again for those with slow internet loading. I should have stated the thread was pic heavy and a rant.
I've had mine for 2.5 years now, it still has not been driven yet. I'm ok with that. It will be a very strange day when the thing goes down the street under it's own power and not on top of a trailer. The inspector did totally screw up the report. I wonder if he even looked at it.

Quick Reply: Official Build/Rebuild Thread of my 69FB