Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Interior colors options on a 65 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 12:14 PM
WarrenW
2nd Gear Member

Wow, that engine looks sweet! I'm still learning how everything should be on the mustangs. I just repainted the engine with the Ford blue paint a coupl days ago and it looked awsome but I would rather have it the right colors.

Anyways, there was a local car show and I entered just for fun. Well, I WON the Mustang class!!! I could not believe it! My first show and trophy. There were some really nice mustangs there too! I'm just wondering if I won because of the more classic look my car has rather than sporty and hot rod looking. And the inline 6. Everyone has the 8's which I like as well but I'm keeping mine a 6 for the original and classic look. I'm going to redo the engine the right colors along with the engine compartment and put on the decals which I don't have.

I'll put more pics of my interior, engine, etc. this afternoon and post I have them there.

Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by 2+2GT
Do you have the "white with red appointments" standard interior, or the "red and white deluxe [pony] interior? You have no interior shot in your gallery.

The former would have a white headliner, the latter would have a red headliner, I think. The red interior would have had a red headliner. 64 models would have white headliner regardless.

Your engine is the wrong color, of course. The entire engine should be gloss black, except the brackets and pulleys, which should be semi-gloss black, and the valve cover and air cleaner, which should both be red. The carb and fuel pump, and linkage should not be painted.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:48 PM
WarrenW
2nd Gear Member

I was looking at the headliner kits on MustangsUnlimited site for a white headliner and they have one called Off White. Is there white and off white or is that just their name for the color? I'll have to look at other sites.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:03 PM
The Ultimate Ford Info Guy

The should be stating to match Wimbledon White.

There were 2 whites depending on year of car
They were white and parchment

You need headliner code 123 or 129

I need your Body code letters

Last edited by The Ultimate Ford Info Guy; 05-10-2009 at 09:09 PM.