Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

sold my 66 coupe. feelin down

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 11:56 AM
67BullittCoupe
3rd Gear Member

Default sold my 66 coupe. feelin down

Hey guys i just signed the title of my 66 coupe to a guy yesterday. and then towed it across town to its new home.

the guy i sold it too is a good guy and has bigger plans for the car than i had the money or time for so i feel good about it.

but i did a lot of work on that car and theres a lot of sweat and time that im gonna miss.

sorry to get up on a soap box. just thought there would be some members that have a similar understanding of letting something go.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:21 PM
vineman
2nd Gear Member

I had the same experience with my 78 f100. I had redone the engine, the interior, and a whole crap load of other things to make that drivable and it was so hard to see it go.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:21 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

you still got the 67 though right?
Old 06-08-2009, 05:25 PM
67BullittCoupe
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 4reboy
you still got the 67 though right?

the 70 Mach 1 is up for sale i have several people coming to look at it this week.

the 67 is also going up for sale next week. i am in the process of replacing the flywheel ring gear.

but after that i have a couple of potential buyers already lined up.

we will see. the plan is to sell the cars and split the money between me and my dad. my share will be used to put a down payment on a newer car, the other half will be used for bills.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:30 PM
flickjo68
1st Gear Member

I know exactly what you mean My dad had a 68 coupe that he bought when he lived in Phoenix, made it perfect, drove it to about 35 of the 50 states and brought it back here to Ohio. It was a factory air, factory comfortweave bench seat with the headrests. It had the 302 4bbl "premium fuel" engine with a 3 speed. It was presidential blue with a light/dark blue interior. He had the car my whole life until I was 18 and it just got more and more rotted as it sat un garaged while more pressing projects took place. He sold it cause it needed more work than it was worth (cowl, fenders, quarters, floors, doors, rear fremerails, torqueboxes, floor supports, etc...) I hated to see it go, though. I would love to find out where it ended up...
Sorry for the story but just kinda thought it fit in...
Old 06-08-2009, 05:34 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

that sucks to see you needing to sell all of your cars... but times are tough for everyone, and if I remember right you have an even tougher case than most.

Good luck!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:16 PM
71stang99
1st Gear Member

I felt bad when my 71 coupe rolled down the road after I sold it, I was more upset when my 68 coupe which was well past a 'project car' slid off an icy road up onto a bank, it sat for 2-3 seconds then proceeded to roll over onto the roof.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:25 PM
67BullittCoupe
3rd Gear Member

thanks guys, im sorry to hear about some of your stories. i wish there was a mustang relief fund we could start to aleviate lost mustangs. ;]

yeah i wont complain about our situation because there are people that have it worse than us. but thanks for remembering Reboy

but hopefully if it all works out i will get into a newer mustang gt. while that sounds counter intuitive. its not because my finances are separate of my families. but me and my dad are in the mustangs 50/50. so this is going to help them out. while allowing me to get into a car thats more reliable.

hopefully all goes well. i have many interested potentials. and i am making sure the cars go to a better place than what i can provide for them. i wont be selling them to people who are parting out or making race cars. sorry just my personal belief.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:37 PM
HGC
4th Gear Member

The guy I bought my 65 from would not sell it to the first two guys who wanted it. He didn't like them, or what said about it, or what they planned to do the car he owned for 43 years. I'm sure you'll have another classic in future. That's one nice thing about old Mustangs...they made a lot of them.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:12 AM
67BullittCoupe
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by honeygoldcoupe
The guy I bought my 65 from would not sell it to the first two guys who wanted it. He didn't like them, or what said about it, or what they planned to do the car he owned for 43 years. I'm sure you'll have another classic in future. That's one nice thing about old Mustangs...they made a lot of them.
i only had the car for a little over a year, but i put more work than all my other cars combined. and i really wanted to keep that car because it was a fun little project.

but luckily the guy that i sold it to is a stand up guy, deputy sheriff, just married, drives a bmw (idk why thats important, i guess i just liked his car). he told me he wants to paint it an original mustang color. if not the stock color. he wants to make a weekend cruiser so slightly restomoded but i have faith that he wont ruin it. he felt keen on spending the money to do it right. (parts and labor right)

Quick Reply: sold my 66 coupe. feelin down