Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

What do you want in the 2nd Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

Better in-depth how-to articles with many photos.
- Best example of this I've seen are the instructions from Toploader Heaven. I mean his instructions and photos, as I've found out, would allow ANYONE with no prior knowledge to tear down and rebuilt one of these. Most how-to articles show a couple photos and a line or 2 guide. This leaves many people nervous and unsure. Give complete detailed guides for those DIYers where you know anyone can read your how-to and feel confident they can go do the job.

Both resto-mod and restorations have an audience so be sure not to focus more of one side then the other.

Featured car article featuring those everyday people who grind out and do the work themselves to a finished product. Anyone can write a check and have a car done professionally. Give a random guy or gal each month a feature on their car. I think this would really get people looking.. and hoping.

Honest tear down reviews of big items. Take a different approach and go the route "If we can find issues we'll tell you" not another 'what an astounding setup for your car' story. I'm wrapping up a car now and some of the "great products" had so many undisclosed issues (common from what I know now) almost every part had to be replaced or modified in some way. Tell the truth on these 'Bolt-On' kits. If every mag reviewed like this there would be better quality aftermarket kits! I could easily rip apart with photo evidence a number of high priced parts parts and guarantee a few people would change their minds on buying those products. This would force the vendors to step up or take a long walk off a short pier.

I understand the paper mag/rag but these days many people also want online access. Make the mag fully available to online readers. With subscription of course. This opens your subscription base worldwide.

Take a stand and give space to quality advertising. The products you advertise should also be reviewed as well so your readers know its quality. I know the advertising is important to mags but there is so much crap in most. Also if you have a classic mustang mag then the ads should be centered around us.. not the newer cars. I've often thought all the ads on this site should be section specific.. we'd only have 2 or 3 banners here

Have Readers Cars section. Give required photo information where readers can send in high quality photos of their cars and you select 4 to 6 each issue and post the pics. Everyone would like to see their car printed out in a mag so give everyone a chance.

So many things you could do but I guess the big thing is be different from whats out there now. Branch off from every other mag and give your readers what they want.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by honeygoldcoupe
Looks like. So, I'll say it again. If you want to post here to promote your magazine my guess the Forum operators will take much more kindly to you if you are an advertiser.

I thought he was actually but I guess not.

OP.. might want to contact the forum admins to make this type of posting ok.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:07 PM
chris66dad
2nd Gear Member

I think how to solutions to real world things that appear here often by people asking for help.
How to articles on:
T5 conversion
Solving cooling problems
hydraulic clutch
What to look for when buying a old mustang and where problems hide (rust)
Performance handling on a budget
Unique solutions to problems
write ups for cars that have come back from the dead
Lighting upgrades on a budget (H4 and relays and LEDs)
how to do your own front end alignment
Rebuilding an 8 inch with new gears and Trak lock at home

Ok thats enough for the 2nd issue
Good Luck and Be safe
Ron
Old 07-21-2009, 12:08 AM
68MustangCoupe
2nd Gear Member

Like I said on the other thread... and basically what everyone else is saying =P

DYI instructions for stuff... AAAAND! The non-expensive route to expensive upgrades... like... expensive look alike things, that aren't expensive at all and performs and looks as good as the expensive counterpart.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:25 AM
tx65coupe
5th Gear Member

Yeah, Where is the link to the magazine?

I like all these ideas. I wouldn't mind seeing reviews of big name products.

I also agree with Thumpin that I would rather have a magazine that did not concern it self with high end cars. Most people don't have the means or ability etc to do that. I would rather see stuff about cars that regular people have built, own, or drive and so forth.

Everything that has been said is great.

Last edited by tx65coupe; 07-21-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:18 PM
MustangMagazineBrandon
Banned

Default Forum Operators or People in charge

I've tried contacting the operators and told them we'd like to advertise or partner with them, or make your forum an official partner of the mag, but I got no response.
I've never had trouble giving a company money before...
and I don't see why they wouldn't want a Classic Mustang Mag being a part of their forum. All the other forums welcome us.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Jaded
2nd Gear Member

One thing I'd like to see is some comparison's between items the enthusiast has to choose.

Such as:

Suspensions-there are a lot to choose from that either replace or upgrade the stock components, or eliminate them completely. To boot, they are pretty pricey, so having someone you could trust to tell the complete story would be great.

Fuel systems-comparisons of carbs, fuel injection, and alternate fuels.

Engines-Sure we get crate comparisons all the time, but could you build up to the same horsepower cheaper?

Transmissions-Just what fits what year?

Make it yourself-TV shows always blast past the most interesting part of the build. Fabrication. I'd really love to know how to mold my own center console and speaker boxes. With more detail than, you pack on this cloth stuff, coat it with resin, and go over it with body filler.

I think the hardest part of building any car is the choices you have to make to build a great car. Those choices are based on budget, skill, and future maintenance.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:45 PM
JHPSTANG
2nd Gear Member

How to's for common projects is a big reason I read this kind of mag. Also someone mentioned reader cars and what they have done. That would be cool.
AND... how do we see the first issue? Can it be bought? Could you give us a link to online content?
Old 08-21-2009, 05:46 PM
blue 67 coupe
2nd Gear Member

I would like to see my car make its first magazine appearance even if its a thumbnail picture haha. I personally liked the first one alot and enjoyed it so whatever you put in there will be good for me.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Stepman
4th Gear Member

Didn't see the first one but, I'm with everyone else. I'm tired of mags full of cars that are just "paid for". I want to see real life situations in "Joe's" garage. Something that real people with actual budgets come up with. Also, problems that have come up and solutions to them.

Maybe even a road trip to Joe's garage with....garage ideas. How to set up a usable space, tool choices, things that have been built or "engineered" in order to accomplish different tasks, and things like that.