Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

What do you want in the 2nd Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 10:07 AM
MustangMagazineBrandon
Banned

Default What do you want in the 2nd Issue?

Hey its Brandon again.
What do you, the Classic Mustang Owner, want to see in your magazine? Better, longer features? More in-depth how-to's? Normal mustang resto's? Nasty reviews on big-name products?

Brandon Patterson
Mustang Magazine
Patterson Publishing
Brandon@pattersonpublishing.com
Old 07-20-2009, 10:36 AM
TexasAxMan
4th Gear Member

What was in the first one? I never saw this before ...
Old 07-20-2009, 10:49 AM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

More in depth "how to's" would be the main thing I would buy a publication for.

Product reviews might also be useful at times.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:44 AM
KMatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangMagazineBrandon
Hey its Brandon again.
What do you, the Classic Mustang Owner, want to see in your magazine? Better, longer features? More in-depth how-to's? Normal mustang resto's? Nasty reviews on big-name products?

Brandon Patterson
Mustang Magazine
Patterson Publishing
Brandon@pattersonpublishing.com
Knowing where the first issue was would be nice.

I'm all for how-to articles and that should include restos. Personally, I hate most resto-mods I see but there are plenty of folks less loyal to the classics to argue that one.

My favorite magazine years ago was related to radio control airplanes. It was cheap and low quality visibly, but what made it stand out was their product reviews. They bought all they reviewed which gave them the freedom to call a turd a turd and believe me, some of the products had a smell. If you can't do a product review honestly as they did, don't bother as it's no longer a review but a testimonial owed to free products. There's enough of that to go around already.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Canary94GT
4th Gear Member

I agree with SJ, I would want more in-depth how-tos and some product reviews which are quite centered on normal restorations.

But again I don't have the first issue to compare against
Old 07-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

iim tired of seeing factory stock looking cars with 14" wheels and correct placement of stickers. So a car was restored to stock appearance.Wheres the thought in that?

I want to see new products installed and given a real opinion, not fluff becasue the writer/editor got some freebies for a few line on paper.

And where was this 1st issue?
Old 07-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Tony R
4th Gear Member

I like the how to mags but I dont like them to be specific to one make and model. I get a few 4X4 mags and they tend to all lean toward the jeeps or new rigs. they need more variety. If I am to buy a subscription to a mustang mag I dont want it to be all newer mustangs or bolt on replacement parts for the older styles. Articles that have to do with upgrading the electrical or brakes or even taking parts from newer cars to make the older ones better would be good. If you look at alot of the older posts here or the FAQ you would get a good idea of what would be good in an article.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:57 PM
RagHead
1st Gear Member

Would like to see whats in the first issue before saying anything about the second.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:00 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

The previous thread was apparently deleted. Brandon if you could use some tech articles and what not, there is a 71 Mustang that could be used for those geared towards the every day guy. Check the link in my sig for pics.

Im tired of high end cars in magazines, sure they are nice but anyone can write a check, not everyone can build a car from a rusty hulk. Also no fan of chalk mark restorations with factory supplied air in the tires, date coded hose clamps, and paint dabs in suspension pieces. Jut a tad too **** and boring for me.

I prefer something that nearly anyone can do, or learn to do. Not a Foose ride but a car that has the right look and a decent build that still hauls the mail while being able to pass gas stations. We have magazines for the big names and show cars, but even the very few magazines that are DIY are geared towards chevy or Mopar, and the Fords stuff is usually out of reach of most guys on a budget.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:43 PM
HGC
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by THUMPIN455
The previous thread was apparently deleted.
Looks like. So, I'll say it again. If you want to post here to promote your magazine my guess the Forum operators will take much more kindly to you if you are an advertiser.

Quick Reply: What do you want in the 2nd Issue?