Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Grab a Track Parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Fordication
2nd Gear Member

Default Grab a Track Parts

Hey guys. I am still with you and have been working on my house instead of my car. I promise you there will be photos in the next few months. I was thinking about going ahead and changing out my rear springs, front springs and the steering components. Grab a Track is affordable and my experience with many of the parts stores is that they all have the same parts whereas these guys say they have a better part for similar cost. What do you guys think about Mustang Plus and their claims. Also I do want to lower my front end and maybe the rear a little. What do you guys suggest. Missed you guys. Kiss Kiss.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:08 PM
JamesW

Have to weigh each person's experience. I ordered a front sway bar from them (it was called "Magna" back then), and it didn't fit. I look at their stuff and it seems overpriced for what you're getting.

just one person's vote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:11 PM
2+2GT
6th Gear Member

Hmmm… I threw a pair of almost new grab-a-track rear springs in the dumpster a few weeks ago. Too stiff and too high.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

I have their rear 4.5 leaf mid-eye (1" drop) springs and I'm happy with them. Same with their front 1" drop springs (which I actually got through OpenTracker). That said, their 'stock height' springs may or may not give you a stock ride height.

I don't know if I'd buy other front end stuff from them if I didn't have to. I agree with James in that they tend to be overpriced. They also tend to use poly bushings in all of their front end stuff, which is not ideal, IMO.

A lot of people, myself included, have a low opinion of their customer service. Many of their counter people aren't really Mustang people and can't do much besides look in the catalog for a part, which you can do yourself. Supposedly Ron Bramlet Jr (one of the owners) knows his stuff and can help with technical issues, but I've only talked to him once.

The only stuff I really like from them is their restomod stuff. I really want one of their remote 5sp shifter linkage setups when I get around to a TKO swap.

Last edited by Starfury; 08-23-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Fordication
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys. Just out of curiousity. If I want to do what one of the posters did above but on a 72 mustang, who should I go to to lower the front and rear end a bit. I know I can buy springs and cut them down but why should I if they are already made to fit for the same price. So poly is not the way to go on front end parts, I should have known. They made my truck squeak like crazy.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:37 PM
agfulan

I've got Grab-a-Trak suspension all the way around. From the springs, upper and lower control arms, sway bars, and leafs.

The ride is right where I like it, a little stiff but not jarring.

The only major complaint however are the control arms. After only 17 months, my tires began to wear, and after a trip to the alignment shop, I learned that both lower control arms were shot.

I just replaced them with some MOOG stock replacements, at least they are made in the USA, whereas most everything Mustangs Plus sells is from China.