Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Security and alarms, also hey to everyone....

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 10:43 PM
superdavid
4th Gear Member

Cool thanks everyone. I've looked into the Vipers and a few others. My budget is prolly going to be around $200. Most of what I've seen are more geared towards remote start and crap that I'm not interested in.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:01 AM
EZFEED
2nd Gear Member

Hey, I had a nifty little device in my vert at one time. It was a paging alarm. You had to be within a certain range but it worked really well. Two motion sensors right there where the tunnel hit the firewall pointed back at the doors and the siren. Of course you will have to rig a lock for your hood, its useless if they can get in there and disconnect the battery.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:52 AM
superdavid
4th Gear Member

Most of the more expensive models seem to come with their own battery, which is definitely a plus. By the way EZ, thats an awesome gun truck! I would love to have one of those or a half track or something someday...
Old 01-24-2010, 01:55 PM
tx65coupe
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by superdavid
Cool thanks everyone. I've looked into the Vipers and a few others. My budget is prolly going to be around $200. Most of what I've seen are more geared towards remote start and crap that I'm not interested in.
I don't care about remote start and all that junk either. I think its pointless.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:49 PM
Green69
1st Gear Member

http://www.zoombak.com/

GPS tracking for you guys with guns...
Old 01-24-2010, 10:15 PM
EZFEED
2nd Gear Member

Thank ya SuperDavid, it's my best farm truck too LOL! Quite a nice pony you have too!

The pager worked really well. As long as you dont have much junk in the way it is a really good little system and will let you intercept the crooks if you can get there quick. The separate battery idea is a good one and I would even do the same when I get around to reinstalling mine. One of those little motorcycle batterys would be great and you could even run a charging wire to it. Good location would be in the trunk, maybe even down in the quarter pocket behind the rear wheels.

As crazy as it seems one of my buddies rigged a tear gas grenade to pop under the seat of his truck when the alarm was triggered. That would be enough to thwart a jack.

Last edited by EZFEED; 01-24-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:13 PM
groho
4th Gear Member

Clifford is good. You can always add a kill switch. The best one I've seen was a removable steering wheel using a releasable hub. Can't take it if you can't steer it. Course, then you got Andrewmp6....if it rolls, he can take it.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:35 AM
Jonk67
3rd Gear Member

I had a viper with a pager on it, many models have them now. Worked well when my pager went off 3 houses away, found a gentlemans legs sticking out of my window - priceless. His trip to the hospital was more than my broken window, fair trade to me.
Jon
Old 01-26-2010, 07:08 AM
69FB
4th Gear Member

Might want to look into Ravelco They make great stuff and after 30 years say that they have never had one stolen. You can get a basic alarm (no auto start) relatively cheap these days. Definitely recommend a kill switch as well that's a cheap and effective alternative. As they say though Andrew can do it so can others. I would think the kill switch and a good siren alarm would do it.

Jonk67 thanks for letting us know about your incident. Glad you got your money's worth.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:10 AM
69FB
4th Gear Member

Oh and the best deterrent is to have EZFeed roll up in his "farm truck".

Quick Reply: Security and alarms, also hey to everyone....