Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

other radio replica?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 02:36 PM
nba1341
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by andrewmp6
The ones that fit the hole in the dash are over priced and don't sound all that good.They sell a din size under dash mount or cut the dash are your best bets.
Originally Posted by scootchu
I installed the above mentioned enclosure under the dash and an AM Factory radio in the dash.

Where do I get this din?

Did not know they had that for 65-66
Old 03-12-2010, 02:51 PM
scootchu
4th Gear Member

Crutchfield, Pep Boys and other places. It's just a universal DIN enclosure. I painted it and mounted the front lip with 2 screws and the rear is hung with support strap.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:18 PM
groho
4th Gear Member

another option is to mount the head unit, receiver and cd player in the trunk, adn than control it using a remote in the car.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:01 PM
tx65coupe
5th Gear Member

I hate the glovebox mounted radio setup. You cant see it or reach it. I just don't understand that one. I would put it in or under the dash etc.

I originally wanted to get the repair panel and one of those retro type stereos, but I keep hearing bad things about them. My dash was already cut up for a cheapo tape deck, so I just cut it a little more and put a regular CD player in it.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:48 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

The universal DIN enclosure are used a lot in street rods anywhere that sells stereo stuff or street rod stuff should carry it.And if you don't want a radio in the stock hole there is a Shelby radio delete panel most part houses sell.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Jbomb
1st Gear Member

Please tell me people dont really pay this price for this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/65-66...item1c10bc882f
Old 03-16-2010, 08:55 PM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Some that want a working stock radio will pay big money for one.The mustang is a common car try like a 40 ford working radio.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:44 PM
jgstang65
2nd Gear Member

i have heard the same thing....that auto sound usa is not a good unit! but the retrosound model one is really good but its 300. it has all the good stuff and has the port for ipod-usb etc.... i haven't heard one bad thing about it!

Note, this is shipping with a new all chrome Bezel solution.

This model is available with a Black face or chrome control face. (Model One B (Black) or Model One C (Chrome).

The Model One radio with Am/Fm Tuner, remote control and USB digital file playback was created to meet the needs of classic car enthusiasts for a radio that maintains the classic in dash look of the vehicle while offering modern playback capabilities from today's digital music sources. This is a breakthrough classic car radio offering flexible mounting options with "InfiniMount" shaft/bracket system (patent pending), Rear mounted USB input for MP3/WMA digital file playback from popular flash devices,--( no ipod needed!) You can use ANY Flash Drive/Thumb drive with your digital files on it. There's even front and rear auxiliary inputs so you can listen to any device you want to! An infra red Remote control is included, and you can purchase an optional 94" remote mount infrared "eye" which allows for "hide away" placement of the Model One, giving you the option of a completely stock appearance.

General features:
* Am/Fm Tuner w/ 30 Presets
* Built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/60 peak x 4 channels)
* Plays Mp3, WMA, files via rear mounted USB port (.5 meter cable)
* InfiniMount shaft/bracket system for maximum installation flexibility!
* Adjustable-angle, easy to read LCD display
* Compatible with optional vehicle specific faceplate and metal ***** to match your classic car
* IR Remote control
* Electronic Clock Function

Audio features:
* 4 EQ presets plus user-controlled bass/treble/fader/balance adjustment
* Loudness Control

Expandability:
* Inputs: Rear mounted standard USB port and Front and Rear Auxiliary inputs
* Outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (front, rear)
* Separate Power Antenna & Amp turn on lead(s)

Other features and specs:
* U-bracket included for remote mounting
* Optional 94" IR cable for a hidden install
* Manufacturer's warranty: 2 years
Old 03-16-2010, 10:21 PM
nba1341
4th Gear Member

My dash is also cut up not sure for what because I can still mount a stock radio.... Almost feel like I should just finish cutting and put a new radio although not sure how you mount such a thing? Either that or radio delete panel and use a din underneath
Old 03-16-2010, 10:29 PM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

If your dash is already cut and you don't mind cutting it i would cut it.The new radio should come with a mounting cage that you mount to the dash rest is just wiring.

Quick Reply: other radio replica?