CJ PONY PARTS Horror Story !!!! - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Closed Thread
Old 04-24-2010, 01:11 AM   #11
4th Gear Member

Theres worse out there.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:56 AM   #12
3rd Gear Member

They have been great for me. They are by far the fastest shipper as far as I am concerned, order on Monday install Wendsday. When something is backordered I call & cancel & order from laurel mountain which takes 3 days longer each time. I love there order history under my account which makes keeping track of how much you are spending in one neat list.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:38 AM   #13
ROTM Moderator

If they backorder something I need quick, I cancel the order and go to Mustangs Unlimited. I get parts in 1-2 days from MU.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #14
2nd Gear Member

I have received great service from everyone of the parts stores that i have ordered from. StangMods, Brenspeed, MossMustang, and Americanmuscle. Although i was mad at american muscle for an order that took two months but it was really no big deal. Sometimes u just have to wait a bit for a part to arrive. At the time i was mad but looking back i can say it wasnt that bad. We live in a world where as the consumer we expect everything to arrive within 2 or 3 days. We dont expect someone to make a mistake which does happen.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:05 PM   #15
2nd Gear Member

just spent $2,500 with cjponyparts, i trust them very much. they have a great selection of parts and have good customer service. agreed with you guys that they should tell you backordered, but my wheels and starter were estimated to get in 2-3 weeks after my order date.

you just have to be patient and they'll send your stuff, and in your case keep your cool and they'll accommodate your needs.

free shipping on EVERYTHING is great, even wheels or body panels. cant beat that!
Old 04-24-2010, 02:17 PM   #16
4th Gear Member

This is also one of the first times I've heard bad things about CJ Pony Parts. I personally have never ordered from the but as long as I've been on this forum I haven't really heard anything near this bad about them.

I personally order everything from NPD. I love those guys. I have always had excellent service with them every time from both their Michigan and California warehouses. You can't order online from them, you have to call and talk to a real person, which I consider to be a good thing. It confirms that you are ordering the right part, that they are in stock plus they will discuss the quality of the reproductions with you and what is the better or worth spending money on.

And like jmk3 said, they are order on monday, install on wednesday.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:26 PM   #17
1st Gear Member

i know your probably tired of hearing this but i agree with everyone else. I have place several orders and have been very happy with them. the main reason i use them is for the free shipping. Their prices are very competitive on most items and when you factor in the shipping its hard to beat. I have never had a problem with the quality either.
I am sorry to hear about your bad luck. i know its frustrating cause you want the parts today but sometimes you just have to be patient.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #18
2nd Gear Member

U miss my point. i did have patience the first screw-up. but now after the second screw-up i have wasted 24 days taking there word it will be fixed.

What has happened to job integrity? what they do is not Brain Surgery!! #1-order the part from supplier, #2-recieve part, # 3-send out right part to customer.

I believe no one even checked the Box before it went out because on the side of the box in very large print it says rear sump and on their CJ Pony sticker above that it says front sump. come on!! Do your job if your being paid for it.

After the last major screw-up of that they made they basically said F. U. it will be another 10 days without the slightest offer to get it to me quicker. in Retail I have always believed if its your mess-up make it right. no attempt was made in the least.

I probably need another $1500 of parts for which they won't see any of because of the way there company Dropped the Ball.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:49 PM   #19
1st Gear Member

I don't blame you for taking your business elsewhere. My only issue with them is the same as what everyone else already mentioned: no warning of backorder. In fact, I don't think they actually stocked a single item that I have ordered from them yet. The free shipping and the easily navigated website with pictures is what keeps me coming back. If I'm in ANY kind of rush though, I don't go there. I've had great luck with Jegs, American Muscle, and Summit Racing, and I've heard nothing but good things about NPD, Mustangs Unlimited, and Virginia Classic Mustang. Sorry to hear you ran into so much trouble.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:32 AM   #20
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1966-FASTBACK View Post
After the last major screw-up of that they made they basically said F. U. it will be another 10 days without the slightest offer to get it to me quicker. in Retail I have always believed if its your mess-up make it right. no attempt was made in the least.

I probably need another $1500 of parts for which they won't see any of because of the way there company Dropped the Ball.
You're right, this is where they screwed up. This has happened to me in the past and I've offered to ship the part next day air if possible, at the store's expense, to try to make things right. If they're not willing to fix it, then you're right, they don't deserve your money. If it were me, I might call them and tell them exactly how they screwed up and that you won't be spending your $1500 there, nor will you ever recommend them to any other Mustang owner.
Closed Thread