Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Weber Power plates

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 02:59 PM
gunnerdog
1st Gear Member

Default Weber Power plates

I got a set of weber power plates that I plan to use on my carb. Is anybody using these and if so how?
Old 06-14-2010, 03:09 AM
Sportsroof

Hey Gunnerdog, nobody here seems to have replied to your query, did you ever get the power plates working? I have been searching for a power plate setup for my Mustang but come up empty. Would you be willing to sell me yours? I'm in the UK and parts for all US cars are a bit pricey and some are scarce, I need all the help I can get!
Cheers, Martin
Old 06-14-2010, 05:03 AM
kalli
6th Gear Member

Hiya and hello to UK :-)

from what i read the weber power plates are metering block replacements for holley carbs.
I don't think the car will be quicker just slapping them on, they will need proper tuning as well. So if you know how to set up a carb and measure and you want ultimate tunability in your metering block, I'd rather get something like this:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/QFT-34-10/
5 emulsion circuits with changeable restrictors,
PV restrictors (no drilling here either)
idle speed restrictors etc etc etc.

what carb do you currently run exactly and what engine (what will match and will it be worth it)? and why do you want the powerplates? hoping it will run better after exchange, or do you want more tunability?

kalli

Last edited by kalli; 06-14-2010 at 05:05 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Sportsroof

Hi Kally, nice to see you are interested. My reasons are that I not only circuit race my 351C powered '70 Fastback, but I also drive it on the road for fun and also drive it to and from the races. This means that I can be driving upwards of 400 miles in a day and I don't need to tell you fuel prices here. My engine has a nice but not crazy solid cam and a bit of compression so the tune is important. I want the power plates as they are supposed to improve the function of the carb. I do not expect to go quicker just by slapping one on my car, I am after better economy and drivability plus the option of quick easy tuning if required. I am not one to mess with main jets once set, but low speed and cruise tuning is important when I spend 5 hours or more on the road, mostly motorway on a typical race day.
I just want to try one of the Power Plate setups to see if it works for me. Full power is not the problem, it's all the other circuits. Current carb is 735 Holley but I should be running a 600 due to rules.
Anyone got a Power Plate setup they want to sell?
Cheers, Martin