Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

A woman's project: 68 Fastback

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 05:47 AM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

Thanks guys, here is a better video.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:02 AM
racer_dave
3rd Gear Member

very, very nice... so happy for you both. and the kiddos who get to ride in the coolest cars ever.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:11 PM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

March 5th, 2017. The day she came back from the dead. Who knows the last time she's seen the road. Some of you have been on this journey with me from the beginning. It's been long. But, that's nothing unusual to the hobby. Thanks for all the encouragement along the way. This car has taught me so much more than just how to build a car. It's taught me patience, endurance, perseverance, all those words that a challenging experience brings to the soul. We brought a car back from the dead that never existed. She fought us tooth and nail every step of the way. There were lulls during the build, times when motivation wasn't there. Times that if we had to modifying something because something else was modified, which caused the next 5 things to be modified, I was going to hurt somebody. Or if we had to spend money on things that we had already purchased because someone told us it would work but it didn't work. Speaking of which, does anyone need an oil pan? I'm pretty sure we went through 3 until we found one that worked. Or the multiple spindles for the front suspension. Or how bout 2 motors. 2 transmissions. Oh, the list goes on! lol. At the end of the day, my husband said it best. "You've gotta be half stupid to build this car, but half smart to figure it out." But we did it. And there she is. There's Eleanor.

Last edited by NoReins; 03-05-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:42 PM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

We need to put the door glass in and then the door panels. But that's it. After we do that I will take some nice pictures of the interior.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:53 AM
racer_dave
3rd Gear Member

Congrats!!!!!!!!! So cool to see it going under its own power! I'm sure you're really happy to reach such a milestone. And everyone on here knows about builds that take longer than expected (I think every project does). So, once again 'Job well done'. Now get out and have some fun with it.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:51 AM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

It's so beautiful!!! I've been following this thread from the very beginning. In that time, I bought my first Mustang (2007 GT), loved the hell out of it, got married, sold it, had a kid and just last week bought my second Mustang (2017 GT). Throughout the horrible period of not owning a Mustang, ~5 years, I still always kept coming back to this thread. You've been my connection back to the Mustang community all this time! I find it so fitting that I've returned back to the fold just a week before you finished, I feel like I'm back home.

I'm so so happy for you that you guys are finished! I would forget about this thread for months only to excitedly find in my e-mail an update from you saying you've done a little more. I would open the thread as soon as possible to see your progress. I know how frustrating everything has been, during the oil pan debacle I felt so terrible for you guys. After everything you went through I wouldn't have blamed you for giving up.

I don't think I've ever been so happy for someone I don't even know to finish a project. This may seem a bit weird for this coming off so personal but I've really really loved watching this car come together. Congratulations NoReins, you and your husband deserve a great car after all the work you've put in. If I'm ever in Ohio I'd love to come see it some day.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:05 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

uhh......Yum.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:37 PM
WJBertrand
2nd Gear Member

Sweet! Those brake lights are crazy or is that some strange effect caused by the video?
Old 03-07-2017, 04:33 AM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

Thanks, guys. And wow, Metroschica - thanks for the words. It is amazing how life still goes on for us all in the midst of these builds. If you would have told me this would take 7.5 years, and I'd have 2 kids before it was finished I would have probably made different decisions on the build and it would have gotten done a lot faster ha! Actually, regardless of the amount of time it took us, I would have made different decisions. But hindsight is always 20/20. It's funny to think this car has been a project for my husband and me throughout our entire marriage. Now that it's pretty much finished, I looked at him the other day and said, "Now what?" It's always been about the journey for us. Anyway, I'm happy to hear you got a new Mustang. We all may be getting older, having kids, etc. but don't ever forget to live your life.

WJBertrand - they are LED. It's so strange how they do that in the video, but it's how they all look.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:58 AM
ZGrand
2nd Gear Member

Beautiful car --- congrats!!

Quick Reply: A woman's project: 68 Fastback