Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

I NEED HELP !! MY 1ST MUSTANG!

Old 12-08-2010, 05:18 PM
cerreta28

Default I NEED HELP !! MY 1ST MUSTANG!

Hi im thinking about buying my first mustang but i dont want to get ripped off. can i tell you a little about it and i hope you guys can help me out ? =)
its a 1967 coup with no rust at all. the car is blue and has cloth int. it has the 289 which runs it was rebuilt 10k miles ago. auto tranny that slips a little. the car has front disc breaks. he wants 5k is this a good deal? please help thanks every one.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:25 PM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

Ehhh, pics? Never heard of cloth interior. Paint hides rust real easy, be careful. Pics would help us all out...
Old 12-08-2010, 05:28 PM
mikenkiki05
1st Gear Member

see if he will take the gauge cluster panel out and let you look at the wire harness see if its all hacked up i just paid 8 for my wifes 65 mustang and im gonna be getting a new wire harness installed in march, they all need work so its worth what your willing to deal on it, id offer like 4 and see what he will do then work your way up from that, i offered my seller 7,200 and he wanted 10,000 he said swing by with 8 and its yours, so last week this is the car i bought for the wife and its basically show ready here it is at a car show i took it too on saterday with my 2 kids

Old 12-08-2010, 05:32 PM
cerreta28

i talked him down from 8k already. i have a few pic . how do i check for rust when i go look at it on sunday. any pointers?
Old 12-08-2010, 05:33 PM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

Foose wheels?? Niiiiice...
Old 12-08-2010, 05:34 PM
mikenkiki05
1st Gear Member

noreins is restoring a 68 stang check the thread out, paint hides alot was also told today to replace both quarters in ours cuase its a bondo machine lol
just because the motor is rebuild 10,000 miles ago dont mean anything it could of been drag raced for some of them miles and also see if they have reciepts for work done on motor so you know what parts have been installed, some people will say its a rebuild and all they did was tear motor out replace the gaskets and re seal motor up and call it a total rebuild, alot of hidden problems could arise from junk motor parts being installed

Originally Posted by cerreta28
Hi im thinking about buying my first mustang but i dont want to get ripped off. can i tell you a little about it and i hope you guys can help me out ? =)
its a 1967 coup with no rust at all. the car is blue and has cloth int. it has the 289 which runs it was rebuilt 10k miles ago. auto tranny that slips a little. the car has front disc breaks. he wants 5k is this a good deal? please help thanks every one.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:36 PM
mikenkiki05
1st Gear Member

yes 17x8 foose wheels wife drooled over them that was one of the big selling points

Originally Posted by NoReins
Foose wheels?? Niiiiice...
Old 12-08-2010, 05:39 PM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikenkiki05
yes 17x8 foose wheels wife drooled over them that was one of the big selling points
I'd like to meet your wife. Not too many of us girls in this game
Old 12-08-2010, 05:44 PM
mikenkiki05
1st Gear Member

rust can be tricky to pin point if the person that did it was a good bodyman lol , what most people do on any car weather its a classic or you newer cars is they will sand the rust out then throw body filler or bondo, or in real old cars lead to hide problems not everybody is like this and it never hurts to ask him if they was ever rust repair done, no car is 100% rust free unless you do a frame off resotration like no reins is doing, bondo will cover nice but you will be able to tell where ever the bondo is cus the paint is a tad lighter not much to the naked eye but a good body man showed me that last week i was like wth i didnt even notice it and he said it was done good but not good enough , the guy im going too for the painting of the car is a place in glendale az named forrest auto body guys name is bruce and they do dam good work
Old 12-08-2010, 05:48 PM
mikenkiki05
1st Gear Member

yeaH thats for sure shes always been a mustang girl i WAS a chevelle guy until i bought this it has such great body lines that now im a mustang guy now lol

Originally Posted by NoReins
I'd like to meet your wife. Not too many of us girls in this game

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I NEED HELP !! MY 1ST MUSTANG!