Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.
View Poll Results: Would you use the Defrost option, or even consider buying it?
Yes, I would definitely be interested in the Defrost Option
76.92%
No, I would definitely not be interested in the Defrost Option
23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Would you use a DeFrost Option with the Flush Mount Glass Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Iamtheonlyreal1

Originally Posted by guitarman376
Honestly I would say yes to defrost lines. I'm in CA and at night in winter I regularly can't see out of my rear window at all. I definitely dig your products! Explain how the glass "floats" without weatherstripping please!
We supply a late model extra dense urethane that will securely hold the glass in place.. The modern urethanes and glass are actually part of the body integrity on the near cars, so this is durable enough and will actually stiffen the body a bit. In our kit, there is also a backer, that will not let the urethane intrude to the interior and gives it a factory clean look. This kit comes with all the necessary material to do the job, and they are all DOT approved.

The kits should be available in the early spring, we have several sponsor cars that we are working with, and we need to meet their deadline.. Modified Ford and Mustang Magazines car is using our system, along with Total Cost Involved and a few others.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Iamtheonlyreal1

Originally Posted by PaulS
I don't need the rear defrost or antenna but this is just what I was wanting for my 66 - flush mount with no trim.
When can we expect to see it?
The Antenna comes standard in all the cars, but it is hidden in the Black out rather than exposed down the center of the glass. The rubber trim that is fixed to the windshield is mandatory due to windnoise. The kit will come with a similar press in moulding that will allow a matching trim to be uses for the rear, incase of chipping or rub throughs... The rear glass looks awsome on the fastbacks with no trim, cant wait to get them out there..
Old 01-07-2011, 06:49 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

what is your price point gonna be?
Old 01-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Iamtheonlyreal1

Originally Posted by rmodel65
what is your price point gonna be?
All our kits Retail for 1999.00 dollars plus shipping, and the kits come with everything necessary.. If you did the body mods to achieve this look, you would spend way more than that, and your car would probably cost more to reverse if wanted.. Most body guys will tell you, anytime you weld to the window channels, there is a very high likelihood of cracking in the corners of the body due to body flex.. These Kits eliminate that issue, so you can feel secure you wont have any upcoming body issues to this sort of mod...

These glass kits literally go right in, with NO MODS.. Just remove your glass, trim, and rubber gasket, and install ours. It doesnt matter if your car is in the body working stages or already painte, these kit will work.

Now I will be offering some promotional kits to interested parties, at a discount of 500 dollars.. After they are gone, I am contractually obligated to retail these kits for the same price as my retailers.. So, if interested in a promotional set, send an email from my website and include mustang glass in the heading.

Thanks
Old 01-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Iamtheonlyreal1

I have gotten alot of emails about the process, so here are a couple of install links of cars that were done.. The first link you will notice, that there were no body mods done, and this is the important feature of our product, because it is completely reversible.. The Mustang will install very similar, but the weatherstrip will be added to the Windshield at the factory, so it will make things even easier. Again, the rear weatherstrip is an optional install in our kits, the cars were drivers and already painted, so they had imperfections to cover up on the window opening edges...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXCRdh_ZDLM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJXdB..._order&list=UL
Old 01-18-2011, 01:53 PM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

I say no on the defrost lines. I would rather have a cleaner look. BTW I really like your products and would definitely be interested in this flush mounted glass look.

Edit: Oops! Just noticed the price tag, that's a no go for me, haha. Sorry but it looks great!

Last edited by hightower2011; 01-18-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:25 AM
Rols574
2nd Gear Member

I live in the north east. I also cant look out the rear window in the winter. I vote for the defrost option
Old 09-01-2011, 04:28 AM
perrin435

any more news on these kits??
Old 09-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Iamtheonlyreal1

Originally Posted by perrin435
any more news on these kits??
Sorry for the delay guys, they are set up for production at this point. There was a body feature that the Early Mustangs have, and I was trying to work around it the best way possible, and I was trying to make them a true no mod kit.. It appears that Ford is going to be the only car that will not allow that to happen.

There are no mods for the rear glass at all, and the front windshield mod is minimal.. The upper body has a relief made into it that is sqaured, while the glass is round.. I have tried to have a weatherstrip made that would fill in the relief, but they just dont look right at all.. It appears the cleanest look is to remove the relief during body and paint, and have the rounded corner top edges.. It really looks great in that way, and will allow the full kit to be used..

Here are a few pictures of what I am talking about.. Now, you dont have to weld anything in, just some filler and finish work, so the body can always go back. I am torn about this, and feel I may just offer also offer just a back glass kit, for the guys that dont want to mod the front... The rear glasses look Awsome, and the front winshields look Awsome with the rounded corners...

Here are a couple of pics of what I am talking about.. Please keep in mind these are some template pics, and do not have the refined edges or fitment dialed in.. You can see the relief I am talking about, and it looks larger than it actually is in the pics, due to photo enlargment.. The actual fit of the glass will be like the top edge pictured..

I have also included some pics of the rear glass templated, and it is pretty well dialed in.. The rear glass is made to run with or without weaterstrip. It has a nice machined rounded edge, so all you have to do is float it in the center of the window opening, in it outer most position.. Alot of the later model cars have gone to this type of fit, and it lookes extremely clean with no sealing issues at all.. Infact, it is about the best corrosion protection situation you could have, due to the lack of moisture and dirt being held under the factory weatherstrip.

These glass templates are done, and at the factory.. I will have plenty of photo's of the install and look, I just wanted to give a heads up on the Windshield issue, so there isnt any mis-representation.. Just like my other glass kits, we do have promotional pricing for early purchase for the first stock order, so feel free to enquire about that.. I do that with all my products, and offer a considerable savings to the guys that want them first, as long as they offer pictures and feedback.

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; 09-05-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:01 AM
perrin435

are you working for rear window kits for the coupes? or just the windshield? and just for 64-66, or are you offering other years (67-68 in particular for me)

Quick Reply: Would you use a DeFrost Option with the Flush Mount Glass Kit?