Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

My patience is running thin with Carolina Carports

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 11:58 AM
scootchu
4th Gear Member

Default My patience is running thin with Carolina Carports

I ordered my garage on December 14th 2010. I thought I would have it sooner rather than later, figuring that winter purchases would be fewer and the fact that they called me immediately to see if I was ready.

Well they had to cancel my delivery for Monday January 31st because customers in surrounding areas had snow on the ground, which I can understand.

What really is starting to **** me off is they didn't reply to an email I sent or a call I made to the woman handling my delivery. I would just like to know what is going on and when I might see my garage installed.

Maybe I am being unfair, but I would appreciate a call just to let me know an approximate delivery date or when they were thinking they could deliver it.
Or how about letting me know where these other customers in my region are located so I can gauge when I may see a building. Next week will be 2 months of waiting.

Just pissed, sorry for the rant.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:10 PM
putz54143
1st Gear Member

did you pay them yet?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:15 PM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

I hear ya man. I remember you announcing it a good long time ago that you ordered it. I do believe the weather screwed them up, but at some point they should stop worrying about "other customers in the area" if they can get to you...
Old 02-09-2011, 06:34 AM
scootchu
4th Gear Member

They have $600 of mine. This is a non-refundable deposit. I did call again yesterday and found out the one woman was out on maternity leave so I guess that's why I didn't get a call back from her.

I was told end of next week for the install. I don't see any snow on the horizon so maybe I will have a building up at the end of next week.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:05 AM
bluemustang1966
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by scootchu
They have $600 of mine. This is a non-refundable deposit. I did call again yesterday and found out the one woman was out on maternity leave so I guess that's why I didn't get a call back from her.

I was told end of next week for the install. I don't see any snow on the horizon so maybe I will have a building up at the end of next week.
I can understand someone being out on maternity leave to an extent. But at some point the customers she was working with have to be picked up by someone else. It will be interesting to see if they try to reconcile with you in any way. Keep us posted. Hope they get it up for you soon.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:39 AM
KMatch
2nd Gear Member

I bought a carport from them a few years ago and while it was delivered on time with no issues, communication wasn't their strong point, especially with their imported workers they sent to set it up. And "non-refundable" doesn't count when it's their screwup for not delivering. Insist on getting your deposit back and I'm betting you'll have a carport sooner than expected.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:44 AM
scootchu
4th Gear Member

They called this morning and told me that they were set for delivery next Friday, 2/18. I don't see any snow coming and temps are supposed to rise throughout next week so my fingers are crossed.

As for any kind of reconciliation on their part I highly doubt it. They blame the weather. I know it is/was a rough winter so I cut them some slack in regards to that, but the communication black outs are what kill me. Just tell me when, that's all.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

maybe they were too busy getting their bike built on OC Choppers.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:01 AM
scootchu
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Iskwezm
maybe they were too busy getting their bike built on OC Choppers.
Yep, I saw that. I wish they had toured the facilities when they had the pre-production meetings.

They seemed reputable enough. As long as it arrives next Friday and is installed with all the correct parts I will be happy.

If one nut, bolt or piece is missing they are not getting dime one of the balance after all of this time.