Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

it appears I am afraid to leave her places

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 03:04 PM
dmaclaren
2nd Gear Member

Default it appears I am afraid to leave her places

So, I am not yet comfortable leaving her for any extended period of time, which extended means 30 minutes....

I wonder if I will with time....
Old 06-20-2011, 03:16 PM
ozarks06
2nd Gear Member

You won't. I'm starting my 3rd summer of driving and I still park very carefully and look out the window about every 5 minutes. I also have one of those club things to lock the steering wheel. I figure if you're a car thief and it takes you 60 seconds to steal one of these, you really ought to consider another line of work!
Old 06-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Scott H.
5th Gear Member

You can make it a whole 30 minutes????
You Sir, are my new hero! lol

have you thought about carrying poles and velvet rope, with a perimeter defense system built in? Something that sprays tear gas, or stuns the transgressor?

About the worst is the large car shows. A buddy went to Hot August nights. He goes with his girlfriend for some lunch, and comes back to see some dude sitting in the driver's seat eating a hamburger. No kidding! While he was discussing the issue with the "gentleman", his girlfriend got a few good pictures to remind him.
Somehow I don't think she was as caught up with the "show scene" as he was. So now when he starts talking about large car shows, she just pulls out the picture. And they go touring instead. rofl
Old 06-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I'm not so much worried about my non classic getting stolen as I am it getting door bumped from some tool deciding to park right next to me with many other better and closer spots than where I parked.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:26 PM
1971mach1
2nd Gear Member

I agree, you won't.
Disable it with something like taking out the rotor would make it much harder to steal.
(providing they don't have a tow truck, thankfully it's not very likely that they would).
Old 06-20-2011, 04:19 PM
ozarks06
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
I'm not so much worried about my non classic getting stolen as I am it getting door bumped from some tool deciding to park right next to me with many other better and closer spots than where I parked.
That's where the tear gas and perimeter defense comes in
Old 06-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Coupe
3rd Gear Member

You could leave an empty side holster laying in the drivers seat...that may at least make anyone stop and think... :-)
Old 06-20-2011, 05:00 PM
tcrote5516
2nd Gear Member

My 2 way alarm was the best thing I could have got for her. It will tell me if I walk out of range so as long as I'm in range I dont feel the need to keep looking.

Parking is still an issue, I often circle parking lots gauging probibility; Carts/pitch of the surface/wind direction ect... I know it sounds crazy, but I bet I'm not the only one.

Never fails, some tard with a 18 sec rice burner parks next to it as if we're somehow related. Luckly, they have enough respect to park a ways away, but it pissis me off anyway.

Edit: Almost forgot, when all else fails I remember the agreed value I have with Haggerty and that's like a warm fuzzy blanket
Old 06-20-2011, 05:55 PM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

I don't blame you... the thought of her being free game for touching and feeling and SITTING IN! Ugh - disgusts me. What is it with people? It gives me anxiety just thinking about it!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:52 PM
KMatch
2nd Gear Member

I was still building mine, in my shop, ropes up [with signs!], and I jump this kid's $%*@ reaching through my driver's side window up to his armpit. His dad? Standing outside the ropes admiring my car and his kid. I never did find what he was reaching for - it just never came up. I doubt they'll be back...

An internet buddy of mine from a professional automotive site had a Shelby and comes back to the parking lot to find some fat chick LAYING ACROSS HIS HOOD! That got ugly and he finally sold it due to too many people's lack of respect. Sure I laugh at ricers along with others that totally lack taste, but I wouldn't touch one out of disrespect. I'd appreciate the same in return, but that's rare. People growing up with no consequences.

Quick Reply: it appears I am afraid to leave her places