MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Mustangs (Tech) (https://mustangforums.com/forum/classic-mustangs-tech-16/)
-   -   I NEED HELP WITH MY BRAKES!! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/classic-mustangs-tech/646348-i-need-help-with-my-brakes.html)

broncomitch, 06-29-2011 07:55 PM

I NEED HELP WITH MY BRAKES!!

well im trying to sell my mustang and it seems everytime i have someone to come look at it something go's wrong. but only when someone looks at it.

well now it's my brakes's, it pulls really hard to the right and the guy dose not feel safe to drive it (he's a rich boy pussy) and said when i fix it give him a call and he will take it off my hands. and i really need to get this sold before i get kicked out on the street's.

I tryed everything to fix it! all the adjusters are working and feel about the same. what else could it be??????

MustangBradley 06-29-2011 08:33 PM

I assume you have drum brakes. Drums are notorious for uneven braking. Might need to take it to someone who knows drums well to solve your problem.

Pull the drums and inspect the shoes. Could be one side has no more friction material left.

Oxnard Montalvo 06-29-2011 09:13 PM

The brakes may be fine, it could be loose front end components. Put it up on jackstands and check for excessive play in the steering and suspension.

broncomitch, 06-30-2011 11:05 AM

found the problem, the adjuster key on the right side was bent.

it's funny cus i adjusted all 4 drums to where they make the hissing noise and spin about the same,so i would have thought it would have been fine.

but of course, it scared him off so everything is working perfect again.
I sware it's cursed.

had one guy come look at it and it wouldnt turn over,i tryed to jump the solenoid and nothing so i replaced it with a new one and still nothing,tested everything and everything was fine. and a few hours after he left it fired right up.

the next one the transmission wouldnt work! again, when they left all is well.

the next one the guy is driving it and the brakes lock up?? never happened before nore sense.

when i drive it all is right with the world and never have any problems. :icon_badrazz:

KMatch 06-30-2011 02:27 PM

You know that writing on the wall? It's whacking you upside the head and you ain't readin' it! :icon_bricks:

Oxnard Montalvo 06-30-2011 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by broncomitch, (Post 7601713)
found the problem, the adjuster key on the right side was bent.

it's funny cus i adjusted all 4 drums to where they make the hissing noise and spin about the same,so i would have thought it would have been fine.

but of course, it scared him off so everything is working perfect again.
I sware it's cursed.

had one guy come look at it and it wouldnt turn over,i tryed to jump the solenoid and nothing so i replaced it with a new one and still nothing,tested everything and everything was fine. and a few hours after he left it fired right up.

the next one the transmission wouldnt work! again, when they left all is well.

the next one the guy is driving it and the brakes lock up?? never happened before nore sense.

when i drive it all is right with the world and never have any problems. :icon_badrazz:

It just loves you and wants to stay.

MustangBradley 06-30-2011 04:16 PM

Sometimes you have to accept what life is trying to tell you.

chrisboss429 07-02-2011 04:00 PM

Keeper!

broncomitch, 07-05-2011 11:07 PM

I sure want to keep it. I mean it's in grate shape with very little rust and I have replaced pretty much everything on the ole girl. Lol. But with it being my only car and the normal old car brake downs and need a truck to haul my bronco and junk around. Just wish I could have the mustang and a truck!