Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

What red color goes best with a black interior?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by andrewmp6
Look up candy apple red or bright red its a ford color for the 71-73 mustangs.
I'm not really big on having the original colors for particular models...and not than much of a purist...as I have a 64 1/2...lol.

Candy Apple is nice...but I hear it's next to impossible to spot paint the new candies...unlike Redfire...so I'm told.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:28 AM
KMatch
2nd Gear Member

The Ford candy apple (K2) isn't a true candy. It's what I shot mine in and it's tops in my opinion. It's the avatar.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by KMatch
The Ford candy apple (K2) isn't a true candy. It's what I shot mine in and it's tops in my opinion. It's the avatar.
Oh...I see.

Do you have a bigger picture?
Old 07-02-2011, 11:22 AM
2+2GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Galactusz
I'm not really big on having the original colors for particular models...and not than much of a purist...as I have a 64 1/2...lol.

Candy Apple is nice...but I hear it's next to impossible to spot paint the new candies...unlike Redfire...so I'm told.
"Candyapple Red" is Ford's 66-70 stock red paint. It has no metallic or pearl at all, and properly done, especially if you clearcoat it, it is the textbook definition of "red".

Old 07-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Redfire6er
1st Gear Member

I say go with the Redfire paint code G2. I was on the fence about owning this color, but I have fallen in love with it. I get more compliments about the color of my car than I can count. As far as going with the black int. It's a great combo. My int. was all grey, so I changed out the seats to black and have been very pleased by the look. Redfire is a great color, you won't be dissapointed. Show pics when you get it done.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:42 AM
KMatch
2nd Gear Member

It now sits level, shackles cut off, but here's the color with black interior. Ford Candy Apple Red K2 in Nason base covered with SPI universal clear. Works for me.

What red color goes best with a black interior?-mustang_project_20110504_074326.jpg
What red color goes best with a black interior?-mustang_project_clute_carshow_5-2011_small.jpg
Old 07-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by KMatch
It now sits level, shackles cut off, but here's the color with black interior. Ford Candy Apple Red K2 in Nason base covered with SPI universal clear. Works for me.

Attachment 27660
Attachment 27661
Thanks for the pictures...the color looks delicious...lol.

Might consider that one...I'm going back to the paint shop and discuss this color.

Thanks, again!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2+2GT
"Candyapple Red" is Ford's 66-70 stock red paint. It has no metallic or pearl at all, and properly done, especially if you clearcoat it, it is the textbook definition of "red".

That looks awesome too...very old school color...I'm also gonna look into that one.

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Redfire6er
I say go with the Redfire paint code G2. I was on the fence about owning this color, but I have fallen in love with it. I get more compliments about the color of my car than I can count. As far as going with the black int. It's a great combo. My int. was all grey, so I changed out the seats to black and have been very pleased by the look. Redfire is a great color, you won't be dissapointed. Show pics when you get it done.
Redfire is my first choice...the paint just so bloody expensive though...especially after all the bodywork that has been done to my ride...including repairing the floor panels and cowl vents...that was a major pain...and lots of money...lol.

I'm trying to save a few bucks on the actual paint itself...but I'll see what happens next week...and yes...when it's finished...I'll definitely show pictures.

BTW...is your ride a newer Mustang?

Do you have bigger pictures as well?

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2011, 10:30 PM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Yeah candy apple red is not a candy color it gets it name from candy apples you know the red ones on a stick lol.Another option is crimson red hyundai and i think gm used too looks like this http://autosofasia.com/car/37282629.html Also look at http://www.smartshoppersinc.com/ they have cheap paint its a local place to me but i think they ship anywhere.

Quick Reply: What red color goes best with a black interior?