Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Need help on fiberglass hoods

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 04:28 PM
steveh326

my hood is a fiberglass specialties also, I got it from Mustang Depot, along with some other fg bits and pieces. but I can't comment on the fit yet because the car is still just a shell. I am hoping to get the car to paint in 2 months or so, but if it goes like everything else that will translate to 3-4 months. Good luck, I hope your hood fits awsome.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:02 PM
67 evil eleanor
5th Gear Member

IMO the best is from Branda. The Vacuum formed FG over steel frame. It cost a little more but has a perfacto fit unlike the others mentioned. It can't warp due to the steel frame.
http://www.cobranda.com/gthostcvfo.html
Old 12-10-2011, 11:53 AM
jp1967stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 67 evil eleanor
IMO the best is from Branda. The Vacuum formed FG over steel frame. It cost a little more but has a perfacto fit unlike the others mentioned. It can't warp due to the steel frame.
http://www.cobranda.com/gthostcvfo.html
I dont know about that i got a full 67 shelby body kit for a coupe the vacuum too. I was not pleased with it at all fit was junk the hood and front end fit was just the worst. A friend of mine got his through mustangs to fear or stangaolics or something and fit was better then mine and payed alot less. I did get it all to fit nice but i had to do alot of work on it. The angles on the sides of the hood their like 45 degrees well each side had two totally diffrent angles so on the one side the front end would stick out and inch due to the hood being made wrong. I had to fix alot of things on it i would not use it again not for what i payed. Ohh ya and i was in iraq and my brother was the one who signed for the package and it was put in my garage and not touched tell i got home well the hood came cracked. Explained the situation to them and they did nothing i showed them the box was not crushed or anything still nothing. I had a few other orders through other companys and had some problems explained the situation to them they were glad to help. Branda never again for me.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:42 PM
LCC
4th Gear Member

With fiberglass anything, don't cheep out. The money you think your saving will cost you more with the finish work in the end.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:46 PM
67 evil eleanor
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jp1967stang
I dont know about that i got a full 67 shelby body kit for a coupe the vacuum too. I was not pleased with it at all fit was junk the hood and front end fit was just the worst. A friend of mine got his through mustangs to fear or stangaolics or something and fit was better then mine and payed alot less. I did get it all to fit nice but i had to do alot of work on it. The angles on the sides of the hood their like 45 degrees well each side had two totally diffrent angles so on the one side the front end would stick out and inch due to the hood being made wrong. I had to fix alot of things on it i would not use it again not for what i payed. Ohh ya and i was in iraq and my brother was the one who signed for the package and it was put in my garage and not touched tell i got home well the hood came cracked. Explained the situation to them and they did nothing i showed them the box was not crushed or anything still nothing. I had a few other orders through other companys and had some problems explained the situation to them they were glad to help. Branda never again for me.
I have not used Branda's 67 or 8 hoods so I can't comment. The OP was for a 65. Sorry you had a bad experience with Branda and I feel they should have backed up their product a little better. Anyway, THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE, you guys and gals are the BEST.