Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Bad Customer service at restorationpartssource.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 06:47 AM
dmaclaren
2nd Gear Member

MonsterBilly - I have spent well over 2k at CJ. More than 50% of what I get is back ordered. It would be good to know this ahead of time. I buy over 85% of my product there. So, I would say that's loyal. So, please don't jump on me without knowing facts. Sometimes savings do add up and are needed.

Iskwezm - I made a couple calls over 3.5 business days and 2 weekend days. And I rang in three times in a row to get them to answer. Once they did, they had no idea about my issue or voice mails. After about 10 minutes on the call, they said they would call Dynacorn to get the drop ship date, this was around 11:00, and they didn't get back to me all day. If you are short on people, hire another. This is business, it's not roses. THis is what you know you are walking into. I expect and deserve better service and once I get my part, which I hope I do, I won't use their service again. So, they lost business.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

I understand what your saying, but your a small, very small part of their business plans. Im not saying they dont have issues, but your looking at how YOU would handle business and thats not how things work. If somebody tell me they wont buy my product because they didnt get their way, oh well.We gross over 50M a year, this loss of $29.95 wont even get noticed.As far as taking on the expense of hiring somebody else so a few more calls get answered, thats not going to happen

Unfortunatly you didnt get what you wanted the way you wanted it.It happens to everybody.For every person with a bad review, there could more with a good review. Stick with companies with good service instead of saving a buck. Its worh more in the end.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:57 AM
bluemustang1966
1st Gear Member

My first comment on this issue that the OP should contact the Better Business Bureau and file a grievance against the company. You have to take that extra step when you feel you've been done wrong by a business, especially if they took your money and ran.

My second comment is that in these times money is tight, and 10 bucks is 10 bucks. While I and many others may not go with an unknown to purchase their parts, others will. And honestly, those others that do go with the new company are what build small businesses and allow for more jobs to be created.

Glazier/Nolan, CJ Pony, etc. did not just suddenly become a name synonymous with Mustang parts and restoration, good or bad. They started as a small business and worked their way into where they are now. I'm sure they had their fair share of hiccups along the way too. I'm sure there are people who said they will never do business with X company because of a similar issue. Hell, I won't go to Best Buy because they screwed me on a CD purchase (there was no CD in the case when I got home and they wouldn't exchange so I was out 12 bucks) 10 years ago. To this day I will not purchase from them, sale or no sale.

In the end the only way to get good business is to give good customer service. Sometimes it just doesn't happen, be it time, money, or personnel constraints. Sometimes our expectations are higher due to good service elsewhere. But no one will ever know until they try something new. Kudos to the OP for trying out a new business and supporting the American Dream. Boo the the new company for botching this order and making themselves look bad.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this issue and becomes of this company going down the road.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:59 AM
JMD
6th Gear Member

My son bought some parts for about $230 from a certain online company about a week ago, he paid extra shipping to get the parts quick. He ended up getting the wrong (cheaper) parts.

This is ok, **** happens. What isn't ok is that when he tried to call the company, (about 50 times from about 9:00 AM to 2:00 on a weekday) , he would get voice mail every time. So he called my other son in a different state, and had him call the company. His FIRST call was answered on the first or second ring.

The emails that he had sent previously were only answered AFTER telephonic contact was made.

Read into that what you want. imo, it proves that yes, "technology" is not always a positive thing, it can be used against you probably more effectively than it can work for you folks...

In the middle of this bs, I checked out this company on different online forums, they DO NOT have a very good reputation. The moral of the story is to check out the company BEFORE spending your money....

This company WAS NOT a Mustang supplier, nor has it been mentioned in this thread.

I will or will not post any negative comments about this company AFTER they have either proven trustworthy, or untrustworthy.

The simple truth is that if an online company fails to deliver what it has sold, there is very little practical resource that is going to work in the buyers favor, (apart from buying with a credit (not debit) card or possibly PayPal).... because when it comes right down to it no one (law enforcement, etc.) really gives a ****.

Last edited by JMD; 03-21-2012 at 09:12 AM.