MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Mustangs (Tech) (https://mustangforums.com/forum/classic-mustangs-tech-16/)
-   -   Restomod or Concours? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/classic-mustangs-tech/693344-restomod-or-concours.html)

Rhemas 04-13-2013 03:04 AM

Restomod or Concours?

I have had my 1965 Pony for 6 yrs and kept up the original parts and kept her running all of this time.

But it's time for a strip and dress and I would love an opinion.

BTW, I just had a horrible experience with CJ Pony Parts, but excellent Experience with California Mustang, and I am in Florida! NPD is good as well.

Rhemas

ajzride 04-13-2013 06:38 AM

You asked for opinions, so here is mine: unless you have rare AND desirable car (boss, Shelby, etc) then there is nothing wrong with making whatever mods you like. If you like concourse, go for it. If you want to look stock, but want safety and convince upgrades, awesome. If you want to chop the top and widen the frame, drop in a hemi, that sounds cool too! At the end of the day it is your car, and you have to be happy with it.

CPTCO 04-13-2013 07:40 AM

Cars were made to be driven. Concours cars are like animals at the zoo. Whatever you do, don't park it. I'd build something I can drive.

rmodel65 04-13-2013 09:30 AM

i like nice drivers with a few modern upgrades like disc brakes and whatnot...concours is extremely expensive...

90RunnerRed 04-13-2013 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by ajzride (Post 8192477)
You asked for opinions, so here is mine: unless you have rare AND desirable car (boss, Shelby, etc) then there is nothing wrong with making whatever mods you like. If you like concourse, go for it. If you want to look stock, but want safety and convince upgrades, awesome. If you want to chop the top and widen the frame, drop in a hemi, that sounds cool too! At the end of the day it is your car, and you have to be happy with it.

Well said...

TomKat 04-13-2013 02:36 PM

i agree its a car drive it like you stole it! id go restomod

Iskwezm 04-13-2013 03:08 PM

Concourse bores me, Your basically redoing what was already done before, a million times before.Restomods, although some people bolt on a different steering wheel and aire cleaner and now its a restomod, take more thought process.Restomods are now over the top, over done.

I say build it for what you want, a comfortable cruiser with A/C or a weekend strip toy that can also handle.I did MANY things 2 or 3 times over because i didnt think it through and was A LOT younger when i started.

fastbackford351 04-14-2013 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Iskwezm (Post 8192710)
.I did MANY things 2 or 3 times over because i didnt think it through and was A LOT younger when i started.

LOL. How true, how true.

Plus, a lot of what you think is cool in your teens or 20's may very well not cut the mustard when you're thinking cool 15 or 20 years later.

"Twisted Sister" & "Quiet Riot" come to mind.

Coupe 04-14-2013 08:06 AM

I have found that most people do neither in reality, I have seen " restored" cars that are anything but and "resto mods" that have little more than fuzzy dice and goofy paint.

In reality most cars are just cars with a few mods, I get a bit hung up when the term resto is used because that's step one of a "resto mod". Putting cool suspension on a car with a patch panel floor and rusty torque boxes is hardly what the name implies.

But, do what you want with the car and enjoy it and don't worry about it. I would avoid things that can date the work like bright pink paint or a Yosemite Sam on the deck lid...

Iskwezm 04-14-2013 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by fastbackford351 (Post 8193048)
"Twisted Sister" & "Quiet Riot" come to mind.

just for that, im gonna go find my "old" cassettes, but i dont know if i have a cassette player!!!!!