Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

How much ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 01:46 AM
sethalot
2nd Gear Member

Well then back on topic, most coupes in decent condition regardless of year go for 6k-13k. Finding anything that runs for less than 6k is rare. Keep in mind though that's Iowa it may be different for you area. I can speak from experience, if you sell it you will wish you hadn't. I was fortunate enough to get my '69 back after a year, but the second I saw a stranger drive away in my car I knew I had made a mistake.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:03 PM
120mm
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sethalot
Well then back on topic, most coupes in decent condition regardless of year go for 6k-13k. Finding anything that runs for less than 6k is rare. Keep in mind though that's Iowa it may be different for you area. I can speak from experience, if you sell it you will wish you hadn't. I was fortunate enough to get my '69 back after a year, but the second I saw a stranger drive away in my car I knew I had made a mistake.
I'm convinced that Iowa IS different. The problem is, all Mustangs can be safely assumed to be rusted out hulks here, unless proven otherwise.

Even my lifetime "parked in a garage, less than 30,000 mile" '67 had significant corrosion in the underside.

The rarity of of a sound car brings a premium here.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:54 PM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

I say keep it if you can.. But if you need to get rid of it, start at 6k and take what you can get. Keep in mind, you have already put quite a bit of money in that engine. The other things are cosmetic really. Good luck though. Maybe you could set it aside for a little while, or keep her running and take the kids for slurpies on weekends. Thats what Im doing with the 69.

I could really use the money that I would make selling the Fastback that I just picked up, but its not hurting anyone sitting in the garage. I listed it as non-op with the DMV and am not paying insurance until it is drivable. So its just like a little savings account sitting in the garage if I ever need it. Just dont jump on the first low/semi low offer. Be honest with yourself and someone will come along and give you a decent price for it.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:42 PM
LCC
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Waffles
I leave for a few days and there's a dispute.... OK.. I'm in.

why is seeing the from house so funny...
Old 06-25-2013, 02:06 AM
sethalot
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 120mm
I'm convinced that Iowa IS different. The problem is, all Mustangs can be safely assumed to be rusted out hulks here, unless proven otherwise.

Even my lifetime "parked in a garage, less than 30,000 mile" '67 had significant corrosion in the underside.

The rarity of of a sound car brings a premium here.
^ Agreed, kind of a waiting game for a good one around here. They are out there just have to be patient.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LCC
I leave for a few days and there's a dispute.... OK.. I'm in.

why is seeing the from house so funny...
Name:  AqiPJbA.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  1.66 MB
Old 06-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Collins2209

Man, Waffles is just loaded with GIFs. Thanks for the input though guys. I think Ill just walk away from the ledge and wait. Ive owned it for 15 years as it is, I could own it a little while longer.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:09 AM
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

People die unexpectedly all the time.

You just bought a $2000 car, sunk 10K into it and then died!

Now your wife has Bills, Bills, Bills, $12,000 less in the bank and as others have pointed- out a clunker of dubious re-sale value.

Unless you're rich and 12 grand means nothing to you, drive-on.

Now you two miscreants Muffins and 021, stop pestering this poor man. He has some soul searching, family team building and marital healing to attend to. You two ****** go make another condescending Mock -u- drama clip to assail me. 120 all women find the term Douche-bag offensive. Since you're associating it with me, someone you hate intensely, do you also hate the object of feminine hygiene? This may also indicate a hatred of females, which leads us to Sigmund Freud.
Your exaggerated and irrational transference of anger to a complete stranger over a trivial event is - well - Odd. please seek help from the greater Ohio mental health community - you Goat Fancier

Seriously, serious behavioral problems can stem from Mother-Son issues. Abandonment issues aggravated by drug and alcohol abuse may cause a Dissociative Disorder. A child who is healthy and seemingly well adapted from years 1-4 but by 15 they may burn-down the house and take a fancy to goats. 120 as you age and mature, I believe you will find yourself using this offensive term, Douche-bag less and less until not at all.

120 how does this post make you feel?
Please expound 120, we're on the cusp of a breakthrough.
The Army should have helped you with this. Might I recommend Maj. Nida Hasson. I hear he specializes in anger management.

Last edited by VistaBlueFrank68; 06-25-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:29 AM
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

Don't worry about me, what if Zimmerman walks?

Detroit will be ruined destroyed, burned, destitute,
corruptly governed and poverty stricken.

Get ready Eric.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlueFrank68
Don't worry about me, what if Zimmerman walks?

Detroit will be ruined destroyed, burned, destitute,
corruptly governed and poverty stricken.

Get ready Eric.
It already is. The urban culture beat you to it. Good thing I live outside of the city limits. In other news, your previous post is so far full of bs and attempts at using big words it's pitiful.

Cite your source on the fact that "douche-bag offends all females"? Your existence offends nearly every person on this forum. If I was to use your logic that since he used the word douchebag he automatically hates all women and has mother-son issues, I think it'd be safe to reason that since you're clearly legally retarded, that everyone that has served in the military must also be, and your uncle likely visited your bedroom late at night.

Just go crawl back into whatever hole you came from.