Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Where to buy 67 front disk brake hose brakets?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 01:26 PM
shelbymustangdan
2nd Gear Member

Default Where to buy 67 front disk brake hose brakets?

Does anyone know where I can buy some new (or used) disk brake hose mounting brackets for a 67?

They mount to the frame, which then connects the hard brake line from the distribution block to the flexible brake house from the caliper.

The coupe I am working on has drum brakes which uses a shorter bracket.

I've been on most of the parts places online (and my paper catalogs) and I can't seem to find them for sale.

Suggestions as to where to find a pair?

Thanks!
Dan
Old 10-29-2014, 03:26 PM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

The brackets themselves should be the same, iirc, but the location of the bracket is different on a disc car. I reused my OE brackets and mounted them in the disc brake location when I swapped to OE discs. Obviously I had to replumb the hard lines that run from the distribution block out to the wheels.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:06 PM
shelbymustangdan
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the reply!

The brackets on my 67 fastback with factory disc brakes are taller (longer) than the brackets on my 67 coupe with factory drum brakes. The extra height allows them to reach the hard brake lines coming down.

Yes, as I purchase new disk brake lines for the conversion, I was hoping to just buy a set of disc brake brackets so I didn't have to waste the new lines and fabricate longer ones to reach the drum brackets.

Worst case, if no one on the forum can point me to new/used ones, maybe I will just make new lines or see if I can make my own brackets.

Thanks again!
Old 10-29-2014, 05:20 PM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

I'm not sure I understand what you mean (and my car isn't here for me to go take a look at).

Here's my original after-action thread. I didn't have to relocate the L-bracket at all, apparently (although the stock location IS different). The factory-style hoses that came with my CSRP kit fit just fine in the stock drum location.