MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Mustangs (Tech) (https://mustangforums.com/forum/classic-mustangs-tech-16/)
-   -   Vintage AC shop referral - frontrunner serpentine system (https://mustangforums.com/forum/classic-mustangs-tech/722149-vintage-ac-shop-referral-frontrunner-serpentine-system.html)

bradleyb 09-30-2015 01:17 AM

Vintage AC shop referral - frontrunner serpentine system

I have a 66 mustang with a 302 windsor engine that I installed a Vintage frontrunner serpentine system with AC. I had a shop in Bellflower help seal and charge the system (my company has their vehicles serviced here and I thought I would be good but they sucked, they are a Vintage distributor so it should have been good but.....). There was a funky chemical smell that I didn't like and the owner of the shop insisted there wasn't a leak in the system. We drove the car off and on for a few months and then parked it for about a year. Now the AC just blows hot air so I assume that smell was the refrigerant blowing into the car. Can anyone recommend a good shop in the San Gabriel valley of Los Angeles where they know what they are doing? I really love the system and when I put a new intake/carb/Mallory HEI ignition, the car has run flawlessly and starts right up without exception. Really bummed about getting the shaft and want to get my car back in working order now that I have the money to get it fixed (and it has been hot in LA this year).

Thanks!

Mach428 10-01-2015 12:27 PM

Go to some car shows or cruise-ins around your area and talk to some of the classic car owners. This is always a great way of finding new part suppliers and vendors.

Mustangdemon67 10-04-2015 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by bradleyb (Post 8510329)
I have a 66 mustang with a 302 windsor engine that I installed a Vintage frontrunner serpentine system with AC. I had a shop in Bellflower help seal and charge the system (my company has their vehicles serviced here and I thought I would be good but they sucked, they are a Vintage distributor so it should have been good but.....). There was a funky chemical smell that I didn't like and the owner of the shop insisted there wasn't a leak in the system. We drove the car off and on for a few months and then parked it for about a year. Now the AC just blows hot air so I assume that smell was the refrigerant blowing into the car. Can anyone recommend a good shop in the San Gabriel valley of Los Angeles where they know what they are doing? I really love the system and when I put a new intake/carb/Mallory HEI ignition, the car has run flawlessly and starts right up without exception. Really bummed about getting the shaft and want to get my car back in working order now that I have the money to get it fixed (and it has been hot in LA this year).

Thanks!

Well in the sgv I'm not sure about but Dave's garage in semi valley is a great place, can definitely help you out. I know thats a bit far but there's another place in Whittier called classic auto service that can help too. You can just google these paces for the info because I don't think we 're aloud to post links to websites or put up phone numbers. I know there's some places in upland and Azusa but it's been so long since I've been around that area. You can message me if you want and I can give you more info.

bradleyb 11-27-2015 07:50 PM

Thanks guys. The folks at Speed Shop referred to A&M and I took it there - my issue turned out to be electrical (the electric fan hadn't been wired properly at the shop that I originally had this done at). Once the fan came on all the time, the AC worked. Amazing that such a little thing could be such a shag, changed out the fan circuit and voila