Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

67 with c4 manual valve body shifted issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 08:01 AM
teeeeg67
1st Gear Member

Default 67 with c4 manual valve body shifted issue

Hey guys when I finished my motor build I used a B&M hammer shifter that is meant for a fox body console. Mounted it to the floor under a TMI console. Turned out great. The issue I'm having is on my reverse manual valve body for my c4 is when it's cold and I shift it shifts great. But when it's warmed up it lags in gear when I down shift, slips into gears at low speeds. The trans is a fresh rebuild with a PA valve body, PA input shaft. Upgraded servo. Good trans build. Fluid level is good. Just kinda confused if it's the shifter or if there is any other way to make the linkage. I know those B&M cables are are supposed to be the only ones that work for their shifters. Maybe because of the giant loop with the cable it's binding up and not pushing it all the way into gear? Have had a few friends help me adjust it and dry shifting it the shifter puts the trans into every gear perfect.

Here's a picture of what the set up looks like, I'll take a picture of the loop of shifter cable when I get off work 67 with c4 manual valve body shifted issue-photo749.jpg