Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Wilwood rear disk parking brake cable to 67 OEM linkage

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 06:57 AM
shelbymustangdan
2nd Gear Member

Default Wilwood rear disk parking brake cable to 67 OEM linkage

I have a 67 coupe (project) and I have installed a Wilwood rear disk brake kit that has the integrated parking brake under the rotor hat. I have installed the parking brake cable kit which provides plenty of extra length.

Now I need to decide the best way to integrate those cables to the OEM parking brake linkage. I can probably connect the two ends together, to follow the same cable path to the front mechanical linkage. The cables do not have that small metal ball on the end as the stock cables came with from the factory.

I do not want to convert to a floor mounted brake handle, as I prefer the stock set up.

Has anyone else installed this kit and have found a good way to integrate the new parking brakes cables to the OEM mechanical linkage? Any feedback and pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Dan
Old 02-26-2018, 04:42 PM
PotteryPal
1st Gear Member

Arrow

Dan,

I am entering into the same situation and trying to determine the best route for mounting this universal kt. Can you share some poctures of your ebrake setup and how you connected it to the stock linkage?

Thanks in advance.