Car auctions and cars for sale - MustangForums.com

Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Old 05-17-2017, 12:28 AM   #1
Kingshawn1234

Default Car auctions and cars for sale

Hey,

I haven't been on here in a while. I was wondering if you guys can recommend some car auctions i can attend which I can find a good deal on a 1967-1968 Mustang fastaback. I want a shelby gt 500 or eleanor recreation. Where do you guys suggest is the best place to look for good deals. I am planing on spending anywhere between 20k-70k depending on the car/build.

I saw these three cars i could be interested in. Anythoughts? Anything specific I should look out for when searching? What would you value them at. I want something I can later sell and not lose any money.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Ford-Mu...vip=true&rt=nc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/292116273548...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Ford-Mu...p2047675.l2557
Kingshawn1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:50 AM   #2
Kingshawn1234

Should i have posted this someone where else? I'm not so good with forums.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:43 AM   #3
Nosara

Do a search for "mustang builders". There are lots of shops. If you want one ready to go try Hemmings or any other classic car dealer.
Nosara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:20 PM   #4
groho
4th Gear Member

Please don't be one of those online after-the-fact buyers who buys before inspecting the car, or doesn't understand the depth's of the repairs that need to be done. Inspect the car in person or use a qualified individual looking out for your best interest BEFORE you buy. If you want to know what to look for, ask anyone here on this forum. You can easily be pulled into a $30K+ car that requires another $10-20K to be a reliable driver. Can't tell you how many over priced polished turd's are out there.
groho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:48 PM   #5
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Agree with groho.
movielover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:17 PM   #6
Kingshawn1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by groho View Post
Please don't be one of those online after-the-fact buyers who buys before inspecting the car, or doesn't understand the depth's of the repairs that need to be done. Inspect the car in person or use a qualified individual looking out for your best interest BEFORE you buy. If you want to know what to look for, ask anyone here on this forum. You can easily be pulled into a $30K+ car that requires another $10-20K to be a reliable driver. Can't tell you how many over priced polished turd's are out there.
Awesome thank you for the info. What do you guys think about bring a trailer? Reliable, good deals? Do you recommend any car auctions I can attend?