Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Mustang Mach 1 worth

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 12:21 PM
Levi Clark

Default Mustang Mach 1 worth

I have been passing a yellow with black stripes mustang mach 1 probably from the 70s since 2003 almost every day. It hasn't moved in recent years. Some paint has recently started to peel off the top revealing some surface rust. I have been considering making him an offer on it in an effort to save it but I have no idea what it's worth in that condition and I don't know if it runs or whay the interior looks like. Any suggestions on what to look for and what it might be worth?
Old 11-11-2017, 01:58 PM
Ogre
2nd Gear Member

Maybe you should stop by and ask about it. It may not be for sale, but maybe it is. They may be interested in selling and then that opens the door to see what kind of condition it is in. If it's been sitting that long and not moved, it probably doesn't run. Key to this is be very polite, don't get mad if they say its not for sale, and leave your name and number in case they change their mind. In my neck of the woods, I've spoke to many people with one foot in the grave that swear they are going to fix it up one day. Or they rather see it rust away and return to the earth because it belonged to their daddy and have too many memories of it.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:00 PM
Gun Jam

Well thats good advice

but every horse is for sale for the right price but as mentioned if its not actively for sale that will drive up the price a lot if he wasn't considering selling it.

Before approaching I would look for the asking price of a similar one that is straight with no to minimal rust, complete but does not run.

If he's willing to talk go from there making price adjustments in your head as he describes it.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:18 AM
bop11
2nd Gear Member

Remember a Mach 1 from the 70's is pretty dull and no where near the price of a first generation Mach 1