Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Suspension, Springs, Mustang's Plus

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 01:12 AM
muggsy
2nd Gear Member

Default Suspension, Springs, Mustang's Plus

I've notived some people saying that they used Mustang's Plus "Grab a Track" Suspension kits. I'm looking to replace my leafs and coils and maybe control arms etc. Are the kits from Mustangs Plus as good as they make them sound? Any other suggested places to get a good quality, firmer than stock spring? Not too firm though, firmer than stock, but not strip or race firm? Thanks! Also, looking at spending about $1k on front and rear total, not super huge dough...
Old 02-13-2006, 01:56 AM
mayh3m
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Suspension, Springs, Mustang's Plus

get it, it's only $about $5-600
Old 02-13-2006, 02:31 AM
RSRXION
2nd Gear Member

My COMPLETE kit including front and rear springs, shocks, sway bars, steering linkage, upper and lower control arms etc... was about 1,000.00 as I recall. EVERYTHING fit exactly as it was supposed to and the quality is outstanding. I don't own company stock and I receive no measure of compensation for this endorsement. They were simply nice folks to work with who build what I consider to be a quality product with excellent service. Hope this helps, Dean
Old 02-13-2006, 10:46 AM
muggsy
2nd Gear Member

cool, I'm looking at the same kit you described. got foot of snow last night, this winter is killing me. Can;t wait to get out and get some of this stuff done.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:52 AM
popper
2nd Gear Member

I'm currently comparing their kit with one from Mustang Depot out of Las Vegas- called the Ultra Suspension kit. Anyone know anything about them?
Old 02-24-2006, 03:39 AM
speedjunkie
1st Gear Member

i got mine from http://laurelmountainmustang.com

with their super suspension kit, all you need is a center link to completely replace your suspension and steering linkage. same as RSRXION got from ?
Old 02-24-2006, 07:40 AM
pwhit
1st Gear Member

Does the "Grab a trac" lower the suspension any? When I get to that point I was looking a the grab a track and it looked nice but I am also wanting someting that will lower the front and rear 1".
Old 02-24-2006, 10:43 AM
muggsy
2nd Gear Member

Yes, Mustang's Plus 620 front coil springs will lower the front 1 inch, and any of their mid or reverse eye leafs will lower the back. I'm thinking of buying the 620s in the front with 4 1/2 leaf standard eye in the back. But like you, I am also looking at Mustang Depot's kit and haven't decided which one I'm going with. It seems that since you get the steering tie rod rebuild kit with the Mustang's Plus kit, that it saves you some money. I figure just about anything is better than what I have on there now.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:40 AM
pwhit
1st Gear Member

Good to know that the Grab a Trac will lower it with the right springs I've always thought that the early model stangs sat too hight and I think they look great lowered 1" it also improves handling and response. I plan on just going with a larger tire in the rear to get the front to back lift stance. I have heard nothing but great things about the Grab a Trac and that is probably what I will go with when the time comes.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:19 PM
19stang66
4th Gear Member

Ever think about doing the shelby drop? Very cheap (almost free),easy, and it helps handling a lot. I got my complete suspension rebuild kit from www.americanpony.com for under $1000. It's called the REAL BIG KIT. And I love it!

Quick Reply: Suspension, Springs, Mustang's Plus