Classic Mustangs 1964 to 1973

1966 Mustang Coupe Damn Near Restored, Needs Minor Finishing

Old 11-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Default 1966 Mustang Coupe Damn Near Restored, Needs Minor Finishing

This is a 1966 Ford Mustang Coupe. I bought this car to build for my wife to match my 70 Fastback, but it just isn't practical for us right now.

I have built several Mustangs over the past couple years, and this one is by FAR the most complete, solid project I EVER had. This car is originally a rare combo of Raven Black with a dark Red interior, which was exactly what my wife was looking for. The previous owner painted the car red for his son, but they decided to get rid of it.

The inline 6 cylinder 200 CI engine has been rebuilt less than 4000 miles ago and fires RIGHT up. Car runs and shifts EXCELLENT. Battery was dead when I went to move it from my apartment to it's current residence, but the battery is being charged and the car runs excellent. The three speed has also been rebuilt and shifts great, and has a Hurst Shifter.

The body is extremely solid, with a recent paint job. The paint is about a good 5 footer, but it is an amateur paintjob. Could use some wet sanding and another coat of clear. There are a couple small dings like door dings on the body, but there is almost no rust or bondo to speak of.

The floorboards, framerails, and torque boxes are all extremely solid and the body is an excellent starting point for anyone looking to make a showcar, or perfect as is for a driver quality.

The interior is pretty much original, with new carpet. The car needs a new headliner, so I got as far as removing the front and rear windshield moldings, but the windshields are still in, and i havent replaced the headliner yet. The original seats are in Great overall condition. The Previous owner cut into the dash for a CD player and there are a couple scratches on it because of that. Overall the interior is pretty sound and in good condition

The car runs and drives good, the brakes could probably be gone through, but everything else mechanically is pretty sound. The car also needs an exhaust kit. About $150 from NPD. It has a brand new fuel tank.

The car really only needs a few small things to be absolutely complete. I have a couple of extra boxes of parts for this car that will, of course, go with it. I will go through and put the car as much more together as I can in the course of the sale. I will be installing door sill plates and the shifter boot and bezel, and the door handles/armrests and cranks. There is one hold about half the size of a dollar bill in the bottom of the trunk at the bottom where it meets the quarter panel, at the trunk drop off. I was told by my bodyman this was an EXTREMELY easy fix.

I am able to work out shipping on the car at buyer's expense, and can potentially trailer it myself for a cost if the buyer is interested.

Asking $4500 obo. Located in Detroit.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, via email or calling.

Eric

734-478-7688

Last edited by Waffles; 12-10-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

As per a request, a couple more interior pics.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Nick.Simonds
4th Gear Member

Aww someone spilled crack all over the floor....
Old 12-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Snow!
Old 12-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Nick.Simonds
4th Gear Member

Hmm is that what the hip youngsters are calling it these days.

Lol, too bad you don't live in Texas.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:11 PM
zipmaster4000

is this car still for sale and would you be willing to take 4000 for it?
Old 04-22-2009, 11:14 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

LOOOOOOOOOOONGG GONE. sorry.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Jss1738

Default Restored Mustang 1966

Eric....give me al final price with towing the mustang to Alameda, CA. l Alameda is in the East Bay area of San Francisco. 529 Palace Court in Alameda is lmy address if you are going to MapQuest the traffic direction.......John Salzillo
Old 04-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jss1738
Eric....give me al final price with towing the mustang to Alameda, CA. l Alameda is in the East Bay area of San Francisco. 529 Palace Court in Alameda is lmy address if you are going to MapQuest the traffic direction.......John Salzillo
This car sold months ago. Sorry.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:33 AM
T.Cratty

Do you know what color red the body, seats, and door panels are?
I like it, might make my 65 mustang look like this!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1966 Mustang Coupe Damn Near Restored, Needs Minor Finishing