Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the forums and need a little bit of help

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 05:47 PM
05vertpony

Default New to the forums and need a little bit of help

Hey guys i just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I am a proud owner of a 2005 Mustang Gt vert. And i love the beautiful black it is. i have been around the modified scene for i owned an acura rsx type s before this but ive always been a huge muscle car nut. i have a few questions for you guys who know much more than me about the car...

First I will be ordering 20x85. and 20x10 Deep dish bullits black. I want to also install Eibach prokit springs onto the car with that. Now what will i need to do to make this work? do i need spacers? any type of other modification as well?? I really like the look of a lowered car(not slammed) with big rims... Will this work for me??

Second I have been researching the twin turbo Option for the car at turbohorsepower.com. It seems like a damn good kit and since i will be showing the car it will def stand out. Now i know not many people have this kit but if anyone has a little exp with a turbo mustang id love to talk to you a little more about it and get some advice. Another note for this would be i wouldnt be building my stock internals b/c i wont push this cars boost up anymore than the minimum i want to keep it in its best runnign condition.

Third.. I love the saleen center exhaust kit but i hate the saleen rear bumper... Do you think that i can use the street scene 2 rear lip and still fit the exhaust out of it?

Fourth the exterior work i will be doing is The cervinis hood, CDC aggressive front chin spoiler, HID's Pref 6k, Headlight splitters, Decklid tail delete(to get rid of that fake gas cap), Gtstyling taillamp covers, the california dream tonneau cover, 20% tints, and the rims i talked about before...

^^^With that said will it look weird without any type of sideskirt???

Thanks for reading the monster post but i hope i can get to kno you guys better and become part of the community!

p.s. I posted this in the 05 appearence section but i also decided to get some input from you guys as well!

Thanks again!
--Jeff
Old 12-19-2006, 05:56 PM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New to the forums and need a little bit of help

You have alot planned. I am not very familiar with the newest generation of ponys, but we all need to learn something new! As far as the turbos, a twin turbo set up will spool faster than one large single. If you would like to do some reading on this topic, do a search, and you will see how this debate is discussed. I will have to leave the other questions for the more knowlegdable owners of your type of Stang. Welcome to the board, and please post up some pics when you get a chance.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:10 PM
05vertpony

Thanks man!! yea the list finnally wasnt a dream anymore! i started ordering some of the exterior stuff yesterday so i figure when i finish the body i'll toss some pics up and then after that the decision will be made about the twins setup. Thanks again and thanks for the welcome
Old 12-19-2006, 06:34 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Sounds like you've got a good plan for your mods. Styling is all a personal preference, and well you lost me shortly after the 20" rim comment.. To me 20's don't look right on a Stang

Old 12-19-2006, 08:09 PM
vt89gtvert
4th Gear Member

I have only seen one vert with 20's and it looked a little ghetto to me. I run 17's and I think 18's look good as well. But that is just alot of rim for me. But the important thing is that you like it. Not me or anyone else.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:58 PM
Larmo
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the board.... in my opinion 20's are too big. Go 18's.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:17 PM
sweet99
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vt89gtvertI have only seen one vert with 20's and it looked a little ghetto to me. I run 17's and I think 18's look good as well. But that is just alot of rim for me. But the important thing is that you like it. Not me or anyone else.
I have to agree with this. My own opinion is that 20" are for trucks. I run 17" and even 18" would be pushing it as far as having much sidewall would go. You did say show car but you will drive it on the street also right? No or low sidewall can be rough and lowered with 20" would probably not work but I will leave that to the '05+ guys. I have a link for turbo kits for Stangs that I will find and post for you.
OH, I got Bullitts and am sorry I did not go for the Saleen type in chrome. I had those on my '93 AWD Talon before I knew what they were. I had 17"x8" and with the spokes running right to the edge they looked taller than they were and I would think 18" in that style would look really tall. I saw a guy at a show with a triple black stank with a SC and a lot of Saleen parts and whern I saw the wheels I could not believe they were the same as my American Eagle's, IDENTICAL!! Identical except his had Saleen stamped into each wheel and they were $400. each and I got all 4 of mine for $750. shipped. Now I see 18"x9" and 10.5" on ebay in chrome for $595. plus shipping around $100. maybe less! That's with lugs and stems also. Those would look very tall. As the poster said it's your car so whatever you like. It's your cash also! Want a set of 17" silver Bullitts? LOL, mark

Here is the turbo link: www.turbomustangs.com

Good Luck and remember the pics!
Old 12-20-2006, 02:36 AM
05vertpony

thanks guys so much for the critique on the thiings i had in mind.

i just dunno bout the rims, i have seen a few examples of the mustangs with 17s and 18s but to me i just dont know about all the tire, i have seen a few 05's with 20' fose wheels on it or the cervinis mustang with the grey multispokes and it didnt seem too bad to me.

the only thing is though that i havent seen them on a vert.

my idea for the 20' rims with the drop spawned from all those touring cars ex/the 1969 camaro touring with the 20 rims and a drop. and also i have seen a few mustangs with it as well. to better the example, those touring cars are the classics with the coilover kits and insane suspension mods... i just love the look. im deff going to keep looking around for more and more pics before i make an ultimate decision on the rims b/c some say "rim's often make the car" i have ordered the hids/splitters/decktrim panel/gtsblackouts so far, the cervinis hoods next ( i can pick it up b/c they are local) along with the aggressive chin spoiler. then lastly i will go with the tonneau cover and exhaust with rear lip.

i know im boring you guys to death with the reading but fo you late nighters hope you enjoyed the read!!!!

thanks again for the comments and the warm welcome to the community, keep em commin'!!!
Old 12-20-2006, 04:23 AM
vt89gtvert
4th Gear Member

thats why were are here
Old 12-20-2006, 04:00 PM
BlakStang

If you're still unsure about the rims, go to www.ponybuilder.com. They have all sizes of rims that you can check out on a black vert. At the end of the day, you gotta be you!

Quick Reply: New to the forums and need a little bit of help