Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Music

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 02:56 AM
Infantryman
1st Gear Member

Default Music

I just got a 93 vert a couple of months ago, I am wondering what king of sound systems you guys have that sounds good. There doesn't seem like too much room in the trunk. I ordered some Blaupunkt speakers to replace all the factory speaker and installed an alpine deck.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:22 PM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Music

ORIGINAL: Infantryman

I just got a 93 vert a couple of months ago, I am wondering what king of sound systems you guys have that sounds good. There doesn't seem like too much room in the trunk. I ordered some Blaupunkt speakers to replace all the factory speaker and installed an alpine deck.
I'm an audiophile and to my ears the Infinity speakers sound pretty good.
That being said, I have the stock Mach 1000 in my 03 GT vert because for the kind of music I listen to (jazz) it sounds decent and I want to keep the car stock.
With the ampliifier rack and the 2 subs for the Mach 1000, I don't even have a trunk.....

I installed a Pioneer head unit and Infinity speakers in my Caprice though and they sound really nice.

If you are into rap, hip hop etc though, they are not for you because they tend to be accurate as opposed to loud and boomy[8D]

Take a look at Crutchfield for some ideas.
They are not the cheapest, but when you consider you get all the harnesses etc included it balances out.
I've used them several times for various components and have always been satisfied.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:57 PM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

In my 90, I looked at all the options regarding subs for our verts. There are a couple of companys that make boxes that fit in the trunks. Now, with that said. No one I talked to, could tell me what they sound like. The trunk is sealed ina way, you have the hydralic system, the top well, and the trim panel that covers the mechanics of the top. I could envison spending hundreds of dollars just to make my license plate rattle [:'(]. So, I went to a friend of mine that hooked me up with an car audio shop. What I ended up doing, was building a custom box, with one ten inch sub. I think I should have two installed now. But anyway, the box is built under the mechanics of the top, and is thin enough to lay under the top well behind the back seat. The box is ported into the car, so when my top is down, I can still hear the sub. It worked out rather well, and I was happy to not sacrifice what little trunk space I have. If you are interested in what I did, I can snap some pictures later this evening and post them up for you. You should be able to go somewhere, and if the installer is worth his salt, he can come with something that will work for you and sound great. The downside, you have to pay for it, my box and sub was 350.00 and took a day to install, but it was worth it when compared to other options.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:56 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

I use my trunk more than my back seat so I'm building a sub box this summer that will be custom made to fit perfectly in the back seat area. My car has the Mach460 system & I'm keeping that stock and just tie in an additional sub (placed in the trunk) & all the wires to the sub box will be quick-release so, if I ever do want to carry more people I can easily pop the box out of there

Old 04-25-2007, 09:08 PM
hot wheels
4th Gear Member

i've always had good luck with pioneer decks,mb quart or jl audio mids and highs and kicker subs. i used to use kicker amps but i've using memphis amps for 2 years now and they've been wonderful.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:05 PM
vt89gtvert
4th Gear Member

I am running alpine r series all around inside with a 4x75 watt amp pushing the front 4 and looking at getting a 2x75 for the back two as we speak. I also run 2 infinity perfect 10's in the trunk with a 2x250 amp (Already had the amp, but they could take 350 amps RMS). I had to make a custom box for the subs to get what I wanted (See below pics), but I haven't had a chance to carpet it yet, so please no comments on the wood showing. There is a little trunk space left as you can see in one of the pics, but for the most part i just use my backseat for larger stuff. Ican tell a dramatic difference in the sound level of the subs with the top down, but I think that is just something you have to get used to.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:43 PM
NYMustang50
3rd Gear Member

I will let you know on mine when I get it done. I'm making mine out of mdf fiber board.. My dads a cabinet maker so I can get the stuff for free. but Im going to make it so the sub faces straight up under the vert well. Im going to put 2 of the kicker or pioneer subs that are ultra thin so wish me luck.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:49 AM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

Here are the pics of my set up, I can still use my trunk and you can see how the box fits under the well and behind the back seat. It does not interfere with the top either.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:50 AM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

wtf

[IMG]local://upfiles/44525/A465CECF1E614FB191C2988A7E07125F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-28-2007, 11:51 AM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

I cant post them all in one post.

[IMG]local://upfiles/44525/52AEF0AEFA19465C841BD628A6E1B607.jpg[/IMG]