Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1990 LX Convertible suggestions and ideas

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Airoyster

Default 1990 LX Convertible suggestions and ideas

Hi Lads,
Well,this is my second post on this forum! I literally spent the afternoon on here going through the various 5.0 threads gathering as much info as I could related to my recently purchased 1990 5.0 LX Convertible.I would consider this car my first "Muscle Car" and is basically a "toy".I turned 42 years old this past January,my kids are pretty much tied up doing things with their friends,so I figured now would be a good time to get into a hobby that I can enjoy for myself.Up until recently,I've liked tinkering with vintage motorcycles and still have a couple of bikes for when I really need to blow off some steam.I work in the collision business,so I'm around cars every day and have a lot of resources available for parts and accessories.Some of the guys I work with have always been into muscle cars and lately I've gotten the itch to see what all the fuss was about.There is always a Summit catalog on our lunch room table and the UPS guy is perpetually making special delivery's to our shop with Monte SS,67' Mustang,69'GTO and front engine dragster parts.......see where I'm going with this?LOL! I chose the 5.0 Mustang for three reasons; this car ruled the streets back in the eighties when I was a teenager and I have a strong sense of nostalgia. This car seems to be fairly easy to maintain and parts are readily available,both stock and performance....at reasonable prices. Finally,the 5.0 is fast!....any way you slice it....bone stock,modified,5-speed or automatic,coupe,hatch,or rag....they were just fast and powerful right off the showroom floor back in the day....and they're still fast today.I figure three good reasons was enough to buy a clean 5.0 Mustang....and my wife likes the fact that it's a convertible.Hey,she originally suggested that I buy a Miata!.....have any of you drivin a Miata?....that's what I though!....enough said! LOL! Anyway guys,please feel free to add suggestions on everything from light performance mods,maintaining,quirks and possibly offering a heads up on potential problem areas I should keep an eye on.I will listen to everything! Nobody knows these cars like long term owners and I figure this forum is probably the best resource on the net.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Airoyster

Why the moderator decided to move this post to the Convertible tech section from general discussion is beyond me. There are no Convertible tech questions in this post.