MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Convertible Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/convertible-tech-78/)
-   -   Convertible Problems 1993 GT (https://mustangforums.com/forum/convertible-tech/644623-convertible-problems-1993-gt.html)

JFP 06-12-2011 06:34 PM

Convertible Problems 1993 GT

I recently purchased a 1993 GT. There are a lot of small things I am working out.

The top does not work. The hydraulic cylinders are disconnected from the top and they are both in the DOWN position.

When i press the switch the relays DO click each time i press them so I'm sure they are good. Besides, the motor does not run either direction.

I took the motor off and rebuilt it. I then put power to it and it seems to work just fine in both directions.

I think the problem is that there is not any power going to the motor. I had someone press the button while i checked for power with my multimeter and i didn't get anything either direction. I also noticed that i can't seem to see any power going INTO the relays at all. Ive seen various wire diagrams that show there is a constant hot wire going to the relays but, like i said im not getting any power there. I had someone else verify this also while i was pressing the button.

Ive also read that there might be a circuit breaker behind the instrument panel to the left of the steering column. I'm not sure what it looks like if there is one for this model and doing parts search online, i can't even find one if i do have to replace. Therefore, I'm not even sure if this car has one and if that's even a problem.

For some reason the parking brake sensor was disconnected. In fact it was cut and poorly repaired. I fixed that and the light comes on and off as it should. I'm pretty sure the neutral switch works too if that matters.

I checked the fuse under the dash and its good. I have also read that there is another fuse under the hood but that might also be another model. If there is another one, please let me know.

JFP 06-13-2011 07:20 PM

Convertible Fusible Link

I wanted to make a comment that today i found what i believe is the Fusible Link.

Its attached to a yellow cable coming out of the starter solenoid.

It goes to a black with yellow cable.

It said 16GA and had what looked like shrink wrap or tape and a bulge in the middle where it said 16GA. I checked with my meter after all that tape piece and am receiving over 12V. Just to be 100% sure, i went to autozone and bought a 16GA fusible link and spiced it in.

With the car in neutral, e-brake up with light on and car on the ON position i am still NOT getting any power to or from the relays (on any cable).

The only thing i can think it is, is this "circuit breaker" that i hear of on a few posts but, i have not idea what it looks like.

MarkinNJ 08-09-2011 10:08 PM

i'm having the same issue. can't find the CB for Top

Same problem as you. I've looked all over for it. I don't think it has one, but i keep hearing about it.

GT350R 09-19-2011 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by MarkinNJ (Post 7649080)
Same problem as you. I've looked all over for it. I don't think it has one, but i keep hearing about it.

Its there. Its taped in the main huge section. Even non convertibles have the spot for it, but only convert's got the breaker.
I cant imagine finding it with the dash still in the car.

FYI, it uses the same curcuit that would have been the rear defrost.