Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions regarding 1995 Cobra Vert w/ Maximum Motorsports Road & Track or Steeda?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 12:38 AM
mungodrums
1st Gear Member

Cool Opinions regarding 1995 Cobra Vert w/ Maximum Motorsports Road & Track or Steeda?

Today I just saw an incredible condition 1995 Mustang Cobra convertible, one owner, black outside with light brown interior. Car looks impeccable. 59,000 original miles. Small dealer is asking $9,999.95. I checked bluebook, there price is a good amount lower. Car appears to have no issues. I understand that this is the last year of Mustang with the 5.0L engine before Mustangs went to the 4.6L engine. Is this car worth getting. I was trying to get a coupe but can't find one of this year without having tons of miles and not as nice as this one. I want car as mainly driver with some occasional tracking, road course, hpde, maybe time attack. I was thinking of keep stock wheels, not sure what size they are, car is all stock, does anybody know what size they are, 17x8 maybe? Also, will replace brake pads with street / race pads, keep cobra brakes, go with Maximum Motorsports Road and Track box or Steeda Stage 1 & 2 kits along with HD Bilstein shocks. I would like to go the Maximum Motorsports setup but not sure it will be too harsh for street. Of course some better tires. Is this a waste of time. Don't have tons of money looking for a cool, not so common car. Can I run this car without cage /role bar on track, nothing to hardcore. Oh yeah, one more question, where was this engine / engine block made, Teksid in Italy or made in the USA, how about the tranny? Opinions needed. Thanks, Gerald.

Last edited by mungodrums; 03-21-2014 at 12:41 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:30 AM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Unless you absolutely have to have a cobra, I would look into getting a GT .
You can get a low mile 95 gt in great condition for about half of what you will pay for the cobra.

And since the cobra only made about 25 more Hp than the stock gt ( 215 vs 240), you could easily use the money you save to push that gt up to 300 hp with some good heads , intake, cam , and some 24lb injectors.
The blocks are the same , the only difference is the gt40 cobra heads and intake. With the inclusion of 24lb injectors.

This is just my opinion, and what I would do . But if you absolutely must have a cobra then go for it.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:23 AM
mungodrums
1st Gear Member

Smile Is the 1995 Cobra block / engine made in USA, what about MM Road and Track box?

Does anybody know if the 1995 Mustang Cobra engine / block, etc., was made in the USA? Also, would the Maximum Motorsports Road and Track box be too harsh for street? I believe it comes with MM springs and Bilstein HD shocks. Mostly daily driver with some occassional track use. Or am I better off with Steeda Stage 1 and Stage 2 with Bilstein HD shocks? It is a convertible, is is manadatory to have roll bar for track use of any kind, hpde, etc? Thanks, Gerald.