-   Convertible Tech (
-   -   Rocker panel question (

jimbir 05-06-2014 08:25 AM

Rocker panel question
I have a 2006 convertible. How do I remove the plastic covers from the rocker panels? Are here any pictures or you tube videos showing how to do this?
Thanks. Jim B.

edwin108 05-06-2014 09:23 AM

This manual for the Roush kit shows how to remove the factory molding:

jimbir 05-06-2014 10:30 AM

Thanks. I've pulled the two front and all the bottom pins but the molding won't budge. The instruction don't say exactly what to do next and I don't want to break anything.

jimbir 05-08-2014 06:52 PM

Maybe I should ask this question. If I get the moldings off the rocker panels, will this allow me access to the inside of the panels? After it rains, I can hear water sloshing around. I'm assuming this is in the rocker panels. After the rain stops, it takes days for the water to stop dripping out of the drain slots. I've checked them with a piece of wire and they appear to be open. what sholld I do next?

AzPete 05-08-2014 08:10 PM

Possibly water in the doors.....many Mustangs have that issue.

jimbir 05-10-2014 09:51 AM

So, looking at the car, I noticed it has a cool rake with the front lower than the back. I drove it up on on some ramps to get the rocker panels slanted front higher than the back and, voila, the trapped water poured out the drains. No more sloshing. If you can park your car with the front end up hill, you won't need ramps.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.