Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water in stacking well?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 05:38 PM
jakebrake

Default water in stacking well?

I'm new to mustang convertibles. (had a chevelle convertible in high school, did not have this issue)

I checked one for leaks, as the windows tend to be suspect. not a drop coming through window seam (which is ironic...previous owner "fixed" it...in a frankenstien sort of way.)

the stacking well, however, showed water. Would I be correct in assuming that I am more than likely looking at clogged drain holes?

(by the way, if any of you traded in an of in Turnersville nj last august, shoot me a p.m... this may be your old car... black, white stripe, charcoal sport cloth interior,)
Old 03-31-2016, 08:22 PM
Special20
1st Gear Member

If you mean the well behind the rear seat, this is a common problem. The most common culprit are 2 wear holes below the rear window. You won't see them and the only real solution is a new rear curtain. Mine does not leak bad, maybe a couple of thimble fulls. I just keep a towel in the well. It does not impede the top going down and if it gets too wet, I change it out. If you search the web there will be many videos and information on this topic. Hope this helps.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:38 PM
scan1959
1st Gear Member

No, Special20, that is only on the older 'Stangs. His car is a 2006 which is a one-piece top.

I've seen this recently on an '08 convertible. It needed to have the outer lower lip of the topping at the bottom of the glass resealed with silicone sealant.

This is a common occurance on '05 to '14 Mustang convertibles.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:04 AM
Special20
1st Gear Member

scan1959, thanks for the correction. I did not realize that it was a 2006 he had.