Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door/ Window (?) Leak! Help Identify Ripped Seal Part! Wet pass floor :( Other issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 02:18 PM
NYC_Gal

Unhappy Door/ Window (?) Leak! Help Identify Ripped Seal Part! Wet pass floor :( Other issues

Hey Everyone!

So, I'm a girl who's only just learning about her car, which needs some help, ASAP! It's rainy season here and I all I have to drive is my California Mustang Convertible in crappy Upstate NY Fall/ Winter weather!

This is my first post here. I'd be VERY grateful if you guys could help me to identify this rubber piece that attaches where the door meets the windows (the NAME of it, so I can buy/ install new one, with the RIVETS, too!). I'm pretty sure (hope!) this is where the water is coming in that's soaking my passenger side floor.

I'm also concerned that maybe the Passenger side front and back windows aren't sealing well enough to keep out driving rain. Should I seal the gasket somehow with some kind of silicone? Also, my passenger window motor is pretty weak Any fix for that besides a mechanic pulling apart all the electrical?

Lastly, after rain, once I start driving usually, water drips down from where the convertible closing handle is located. No idea how to handle that!

I'm attaching pics, of course. THANKS SO SO MUCH IN ADVANCE for ANY SUGGESTIONS/ HELP!! - Arielle
Attached Thumbnails Door/ Window (?) Leak! Help Identify Ripped Seal Part! Wet pass floor :( Other issues-mustang-seal1.jpg   Door/ Window (?) Leak! Help Identify Ripped Seal Part! Wet pass floor :( Other issues-mustang-seal2.jpg   Door/ Window (?) Leak! Help Identify Ripped Seal Part! Wet pass floor :( Other issues-mustang-window-seal-.jpg   Door/ Window (?) Leak! Help Identify Ripped Seal Part! Wet pass floor :( Other issues-mustang-top-close.jpg  
Old 10-22-2015, 07:22 PM
Special20
1st Gear Member

http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-c...p-rh-9404.html
and you can try to tighten the clamp that holds the top to the windshield header. I believe there is an allen screw that needs to be loosened and then the hook can be turned clockwise to tighten. If this doesn't work, a new header seal is probably the answer. Hope this helps.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:48 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

If your top is leaking at the handles, I believe either LMR.com or cjponyparts.com sells those. They are spendy though, I think $150 each. I had to buy one for mine.

As for the seals at the back window where the top meets the body of the car, apparently those are hard to come by. Have to find em in a junk yard, at least for the 94-98's.

Read the other thread about tops leaking, it gives info on the location of other common leaks.

Sadly, I'm starting to believe buying a very was the dumbest car choice I've ever made