Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Ford Mustang Shaker 500 Subs dropping out.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 12:35 PM
Tradewell

Angry 2007 Ford Mustang Shaker 500 Subs dropping out.

We have the Shaker 500. We replaced the stereo with a new Kenwood DNX573S
Navigation receiver with a touch screen in hopes to correct this issue and it has not.

At random times during almost every ride, the sound to the door woofers will just stop... leaving us with no low tones. If we shut the receiver off and turn it back on it will come back on. If it's a long ride it gets to a point it will not come back. They just goes silent, all the other speakers continue to work.
Thanks, Paul
Old 05-08-2017, 02:36 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

You still using the factory subs? Could be loose connections at the amps or door speakers or thermal protection kicking in from the sub amp overheating.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:54 PM
Tradewell

Yes, only the receiver was changed out and I had the exact same issue with the factory radio. Is there a way to test with a meter to determine where the issue is. The loose connection would make sense but both sub kick out at the exact same time, every time so its hard to believe they are both having connection issues at the same time.

Thank you for your reply.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:24 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

I bought a '99 that was having somewhat similar problem. I was loosing right front and left rear. It has a Kenwood head unit, no Mach or aftermarket amps. I found the problem was at the wiring adapter to the factory speaker wiring (square shaped male plug). I'm not sure if the issue was with the factory plug or the adapter. If I ran the speaker leads directly into the plug I could get the one being tested to work. I simply ran new wires directly to each speaker.
In your case it might be the amp is going bad or might be the ground for the fronts is bad at that harness connector.