Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Front Disc Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 10:46 AM
unit91
3rd Gear Member

Default Installing Front Disc Brakes

I have a 68 convertible, 6 cylinder 200 cu in, with manual drum brakes. I understand that converting the front brakes to power disc will greatly increase safety and braking. I see a lot of conversion kits out there, some appearing to be more for high performance engines than would be my case. Any suggestions as to a specific trustworthy brand(s) to consider for a 6 cylinder? Also, does this require any alteration to the front suspension? Thanks.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:04 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

Need to do this someday with my '67 as well, I have the same horrible brakes as you. I have seen kits out there that retain use of the 4 lug spindles, but the "right" way to do it likely involves stepping up to V8 car spec 5-lug spindles and suspension.

This is kind of a dead section here. I would repost your question over in the Classics section, where replies tend to happen more than once in a while.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:31 AM
unit91
3rd Gear Member

Thanks.